p0l1wrath

idle stabiliser valve location

Hello, did a bit of a search first but couldnt find anything on it, where is the ISV located on a vr6? having some judders or misfires on idle and low rev pickup, just want to shoot it with some carb clearer, and see if that helps it clear up but i cant find it?

Cheers

Please use an M8 trisquare / spline bit to undo the two nuts holding that cover on and not an allen key - the heavens will smile on you later when you need to remove it in the rain and it's not stripped ;)

ok guys, thanks for the help, gunna get that done tomoro, having problems with the car in low revs, going to revive an old thread if this doesnt do it! cheers

While you're there it's worth blasting out your PCV and vacuum feed (top-left of the engine, black rubber pipe coming off the rocker cover into the inlet elbow) as they tend to get filled up with oily crud. You may well find a split in the plastic bellows at the same time which won't help your idling either! I have a spare one of the plastic elbows if you need it...

Stone

While you're there it's worth blasting out your PCV and vacuum feed (top-left of the engine, black rubber pipe coming off the rocker cover into the inlet elbow) as they tend to get filled up with oily crud. You may well find a split in the plastic bellows at the same time which won't help your idling either! I have a spare one of the plastic elbows if you need it...

Stone

d4b780fd-ff3a-a7f4.jpg

Is this the elbow your talkin about stone?

If so and If this guy don't need it, I'll have it! :) cheers

ok then i suppose may as well whilst im there, is the PCV and vacuum feed the pipe and the plastic plug in it?

cheers