Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

VAG-COM error codes list

Does anyone know where to get a list of the error codes for a VR6? Local garage told me which errors they read but I need a list to remember exactly what it said? Another question following if so...

Form looking at the codes list I think mine had the following. The engine wasn't running though so would this error come up anyway?

00281 Vehicle Speed Sensor - No Signal (G68)

Would a problem with this sensor cause the engine to die intermittently when warm/hot? Whenever it has cut out, leaving it for a while (10mins and above) and trying again has made it start.

Take it this would be a stealer option only..

Vehicle speed sensor is just the speedo transponder in the gearbox.

There is a bug in the Bosch M tronic 2.9 that causes the ECU to throw codes on stationary sensors, e.g. the crank and vehicle speed sensors. Ignore these errors if the speedo and engine work normally.

K

That was the last code from the car before it stalled again. Communications with the ECU was also lost and the car would not restart. Any ideas?? I know this could anything, the only things I got to go on are;

- Only seems to occur when the car is hot

- The engine has always occassionally stalled at idle.. Now does it when running.

- Intermittent, between stalls the engine seems very healthy

- Sometimes the engine can be restarted straight away, other times it needs to be left for over 10mins.

- The code mentioned above and the VAG-COM connection being lost.. Possible loss of supply to ECU?

- Maybe the alarm?? Its a laserline, Italian website, all .pdf's in Italian. Any ideas how Corrados are immobilised? Want to link the alarm out to take it out of the list of causes. The Laserline site doesn't recognise the Corrado as a VW car.. Typical, great having a classic (rare, so not much consumer interest hence not much support.. Gimme back my mkII golf!!!)

think you will find that g68 is the camshaft sensor

maybe kev can check on his by disconnecting the lead when its running to see which code comes up

think crankshaft is g28

G68 is the gearbox transponder (vechicle speed) and Yep you're right, G28 is the good old Crank position sender. From memory I think G40 is the Cam position sensor..... canny remember!