bristolbaron

Bristolbaron's R32 Corrado - New owner - clumpy1!!!

How much are you after Baz?

As you know I looked at it before you but just needed far to much doing to it and just didn't have the time... what's it like now?

How much are you after Baz?

As you know I looked at it before you but just needed far to much doing to it and just didn't have the time... what's it like now?

The simple answer to price is it's all going to depend on final spec with wheels etc but £8kish to drive it away with everything. I'm wondering whether to take the wheels/stereo stuff with me for the next one so I can lower the price. I understand it's a big ask of someone to pay that kind of money but with the spec of the car I'm hoping a potential buyer will see the value.

In terms of what it's like now - well it's almost perfect. There are [and I'm sure always will be] the last couple of things I'd like to do, but I'm happy to show it now as being complete.. and my standards are ridiculous! :bonk: When it comes to actually advertising/selling, I was going to suggest Cazza casts his eye over it for an independent view before others travel if he's happy to.. he has had a brief look, but as a moderator he might have a decent input for prospective buyers.

Baz, I'm happy to view for anyone who is seriously interested and would have quite a trek.

Baz, I'm happy to view for anyone who is seriously interested and would have quite a trek.

Hero! cheers.. I could bring it up to you and you'd get a drive too. :thumbleft: I'd much rather someone got a second opinion before coming down.

I haven't seen the car in the flesh, but going by the pics and the engine spec, I'd say £8K is a very fair price indeed!

Great project, lovely car. How's the R32 performance over super charging or turboing a standard VR6?

Having done Super and Turbo charging, I can say with confidence that a good R32 install will give them a very hard time. An R32 Corrado can put in low to mid 13 quarters. Quite a few VRTs struggle to better that due to traction issues.

I haven't seen the car in the flesh, but going by the pics and the engine spec, I'd say £8K is a very fair price indeed!

Having done Super and Turbo charging, I can say with confidence that a good R32 install will give them a very hard time. An R32 Corrado can put in low to mid 13 quarters. Quite a few VRTs struggle to better that due to traction issues.

Thanks Kev, nice to have seal of approval from an R32 veteran! I hate having to do money related stuff and working out what's fair is a challenge between being reasonable and also not feeling sick inside. :pale:

I can safely say with the paperwork I have for the car though there is no way you could get anywhere close for the money! :lol:

So this weekend is Castle Combe VW day, I've been aching to get a couple of bits sorted on the car since the Pistonheads meet but poor weather has stopped play. Yesterday I managed to get a doorcard off and replace the window runners. Before I got to do the other side rain started again!

Today I picked up the car, went and collected some new floor mats from TPS, got home and it's raining again!

Dammit. Engine bay pics to follow soon.. I'm hoping to take some decent photos over the weekend.

I spent a bit of time playing last week and over the weekend, nothing major just tidying bits and bobs and sorting stereo stuff.

I kept forgetting to get an interior shot, remembered after parking in the garage

252737_10150939738391769_940655784_n.jpg

Engine bay

391565_10150939738881769_643743878_n.jpg

Engine bay

552237_10150939739501769_977471520_n.jpg

Cleaning underneath boot floor.

311683_10150939740581769_2004950729_n.jpg

Genesis sub & amp, trimsport brace, ply boot floor.

557242_10150939740061769_459025251_n.jpg

The dregs from a local meet on sunday..

529588_10150939737316769_1074349586_n.jpg

The cause of slow progress!

179592_10150939741171769_93766662_n.jpg

Looks great mate, wish I had chance to have a better look on saturday.

That is the r 32 engine bay I Have ever seen! interior looks lovely and that spare wheel well is crazy clean!

Shame you have to sell her :-(

Looks awesome Barry, really like how neat you've made it look under the bonnet.

Mark

Cheers bud, cant take much credit for most of the bay stuff though.. most was done before I bought.

Oh, and Baz is short for Baron not Barry - long story! :lol:

Looks great mate, wish I had chance to have a better look on saturday.

Thanks bud, I'm sure we'll catch up again soon.. I'll take you round the block, I need to convince you to R32 before you start putting all that work into yours!

That is the r 32 engine bay I Have ever seen! interior looks lovely and that spare wheel well is crazy clean!

Shame you have to sell her :-(

Cheers.. I was going to put a couple of layers of wax in the boot well but had so much to do i ran out of time! Selling, hmm.. yes I am supposed to be doing that :bonk:

Trust me there is no convincing needed, all ready have in mind what I want to do when the AWD is installed :D

Trust me there is no convincing needed, all ready have in mind what I want to do when the AWD is installed :D

Good stuff.. I think the 2.8 is a great upgrade if you want to keep everything 'simple' but if you're going to the extent that you want to there's only really one way forward!

Sorry Baz. Our kid brother and I stopped for a quick chat with you at Castle Coombe didn't realize who you were. I was fortunate to see what is now the ribena beast (old car) and catch up with Jaded2882 and see the old gal. I am sorry you have to sell as she is stunning, but unless the money situation is desperate have a let go price and don't be tempted. I have always know 889 wouldn't be with me for life as my other has been part of me for 14years and needed some attention. There are buyers out there I although not out-rightly putting the car for sale had people asking every year of my 3 year ownership. You price is very fair for such a lovely looking Corrado with the power to boot. Next time I see thee the chat will be longer. Good Luck with the sale :-)

Ha! I'm now trying to work out who you were!? Was it you that saw the car at devil? I spoke to quite a few people throughout the day so sorry! I had the same thing going over to chat to the guys on the clubstand, "Hi I'm Baz! Err Bristolbaron.. Err corrado forum"

Is that a hindrance or does it operate just as effectively?

Is that a snipe kev? have you spent over £1000 and subsequently got one that does support a MAF? :awesome:

Yeah it's fine, you use a MAP sensor instead. It makes the intake a lot neater without a MAF :D

Nah, wasn't a snipe. Just meant ECUs in that price bracket don't support knock or MAF. They never have. They must be expensive / difficult algorithms to write as they're not linear. If you spend £3000+ on a Motec, then you can have MAF and knock :D