bristolbaron

Bristolbaron's R32 Corrado - New owner - clumpy1!!!

Ha! I'm now trying to work out who you were!? Was it you that saw the car at devil? I spoke to quite a few people throughout the day so sorry! I had the same thing going over to chat to the guys on the clubstand, "Hi I'm Baz! Err Bristolbaron.. Err corrado forum"

Sorry not me at devil, we chatted to you while you were wiping the car of all the rain. We enquired to the type of seats in the car

Ah okay, I think I remember.. I was hesitant about drying it off as i thought I'd just make the rain start again, but luckily it held out after.

The car is 100% going to have to go, as much as I'd love to be in a position to keep hold of it, the bigger picture means it's not going to happen.

I've been so focused the last few years about wanting to own a 'complete' car that I've been letting other things slip.

All of my luxuries are going up for sale so I can concentrate on house and family. The time and money involved isn't justifiable for me any more so it's time to take a step back. There's some pretty major [bad] stuff going on work wise at the moment too, which makes the decision even easier.

Of course, none of this means I'll be giving it away or that I won't be improving it till the day it goes. It just means I'm confident I'm doing the right thing.

All of my luxuries are going up for sale so I can concentrate on house and family.

why not sell the house, and family, live in a card board box and use the money on the corrado? problem/s solved!

It is a real shame to hear this mate, I know how I felt the first Corrado I sold. I feel for you I guess no kids and marriage makes it easier for me, I can imagine the corrado would be on rough ground for me too in a similar situation. I'm sure you're making the responsible, adult decision. Was the ownership of an R32'd corrado worth it? Am I getting myself into a world of empty wallets? Can't be as bad as owning an orignal VR6'd one.

why not sell the house, and family, live in a card board box and use the money on the corrado? problem/s solved!

That's one option!

It is a real shame to hear this mate, I know how I felt the first Corrado I sold. I feel for you I guess no kids and marriage makes it easier for me, I can imagine the corrado would be on rough ground for me too in a similar situation. I'm sure you're making the responsible, adult decision. Was the ownership of an R32'd corrado worth it? Am I getting myself into a world of empty wallets? Can't be as bad as owning an orignal VR6'd one.

The weirdness is I'm making a responsible decision because I now want to. I have a very easy going and understanding wife and she's never once reminded me that it's time to grow up. I've been stalling on wanting kids but we're both into our 30's now and it's time for some changes. If I can get my job & house somewhere near how I'd like before that patter comes along, then even better!

R32 ownership is very easy if everything has been done right. Your main expense will be fuel, I'm not going to lie you'd have to have deep pockets to run one daily. Bizarrely, I've owned 6 Corrados and not one has been a VR6! I'm saving that for number 7 :lol:

Got to try ent ya ;)

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Where is the sale thread/add cant find it unless I'm being blind

Well I haven't actually put it up for sale, that would be madness!

I'm just saying I know I need too! :lol:

It'll be coming soon, but all the spec etc is on my first post. The only other possible is whether I sell with standalone or oem management. I'll have parts to be able to offer either.

Your main expense will be fuel, I'm not going to lie you'd have to have deep pockets to run one daily.

Yep! Although I was getting mine into the 30s quite easily just before I pulled the DTA out. I'll see if I can apply the same techniques to the MK5 ECU.

DTA Kev? I could manage fine with the 2.9 as a daily, i hope the r isn't significantly worse than that! Clock was saying 27mpg around town.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My old standalone mate. It was a DTA S80. Rs tend to average mid 20s, so not horrifically worse than a 2.9 I suppose....

Sorry Kev I just re read your initial message, I mistook what you said and thought it was better mpg when you removed the dta, hence the confusion.... One of those days I guess. Thought dta was a module or something lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We all have those days mate. I questioned who one of our mods was today with the others as I forgot who he was :lol: I need more sleep I think!

Yep! Although I was getting mine into the 30s quite easily just before I pulled the DTA out. I'll see if I can apply the same techniques to the MK5 ECU.

I must admit, ive been driving the car more than i was before, and i quite enjoy taking it really easy and seeing what the car can give you. initially you drive it with the feeling that the car wants to roar everywhere, but if you really tickle the throttle there's still a very nice town drive there. it takes some getting used to but can be done!

575999_10150979855671769_1626435673_n.jpg

Instagram shot from today's meet. bad weather again!

In other news, I've been gathering parts to convert to OEM ECU. The car's definitely going up for sale now, my thinking is someone's going to say they love the car but don't get/like/understand standalone management so I'll have the option of offering either.

Nearly everything else is now 100%, ready for it to go, I finally tracked down a sunroof switch and have stainless wing bolts on order with Daves16v

Within a week or two everything should be ready to start taking advert photos. I got a clear motorway run today after the meet and god i'll miss it, this car is awesome!