Haribo

Vibes..... but apparently nothing wrong

So I've noticed this develop over time and now its really worrying, it takes a few minutes to become really noticeable but once it gets going its very unnerving.

I get a vibration from the front passenger side wheel area, or at least that's where it feels like its coming from, it gets faster as I speed up and isnt so much a noise, you cant notice it when going slowly, my mechanic mate checked everything and said he couldn't find a problem anywhere, but there has to be something..

I personally suspect the driveshaft is showing slight resistance somewhere and gets worse as the friction heats up the parts but I am no expert..

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I struggling to get to the bottom of this :(

Harry

swap your wheels around first as that costs nothing (careful if they are directional), then go from there.

Does your driveshaft still have the anti-vibration damper on it? (Round rubber ring). Friend had a similar problem recently on his Starlet GT.

Does your driveshaft still have the anti-vibration damper on it? (Round rubber ring). Friend had a similar problem recently on his Starlet GT.

Im not sure, would that have the effect im getting tho? I would imagine that would be a problem from the start of any journey whereas it gets increasingly worse over time for me, starts off as barely noticable and after about 10-15 minutes its very clear.... il mentuion it to my mate regardless tho, cant hurt to check I guess.... ive sourced another drive shaft if need be :/

Is it over 10-15mins of continuous driving without stopping, or say round town stopping and starting at lights etc?

Is it over 10-15mins of continuous driving without stopping, or say round town stopping and starting at lights etc?

I couldn't say for sure but I've only ever noticed it after constant driving for 10 mins or so and I need to be going about 40 to really notice it, at 70 it gets scary

OK, some basic checks.....

Does the wobble persist when you dip the clutch? (outrules an engine related issue - such as a misfire, which can shake the car)

Tyre - Has it bulged or get any other defect, or lost it's balance weights?

Brakes - Warped disc, siezing caliper?

Loose ball joints, loose top mounts, knackered damper (damper oil thins and will get worse further into the journey)?

Knackered outer CV joint?

You haven't said what model of Corrado it is (there are 4 variants!) but the VR6 didn't get a Driveshaft damper.

So yeah, some things to check over the weekend.

Does the wobble persist when you dip the clutch? (outrules an engine related issue - such as a misfire, which can shake the car) It does indeed

Tyre - Has it bulged or get any other defect, or lost it's balance weights? I have recently had two new tyres, this was happening before and after I got them

Brakes - Warped disc, siezing caliper? my mate checked it over and said everything seemed safe and in good working order but I will mention this for him to double check

Loose ball joints, loose top mounts, knackered damper (damper oil thins and will get worse further into the journey)? as above

Knackered outer CV joint? as above

You haven't said what model of Corrado it is (there are 4 variants!) but the VR6 didn't get a Driveshaft damper. its a 2 litre 8v, 1995

So yeah, some things to check over the weekend thankies, gonna be looking into it tonight, my mate told me to get some research done to try and narrow the options so thanks a lot, this should help hopefully :)

Hmm - do you remember me saying that when i'd bought it there had been damage to passenger side driveshaft?

I've dug out my gallery thread for the car for reference. LOOK HERE! I'm racking my brains for whether I'd replaced inner and outer CV's on this car or another. It defo had a new wishbone on that side though. I'd have thought you'd have noticed something long before now if it was related, but thought it's worth mentioning! Hope it gets sorted..

Oh and in other news - the mk2 got hit the other day :( only needs a wing but might end up written off :(

sorted, its the driveshaft cheers guys :)

I can pick one up monday but if anyone happens to read this and has one I can get off them before that it would be appreciated :)