carrots

fitting polybushes

hi i bought some polybuses a bit ago for my wishbones.ive been thinking about how to fit um,what about a long threaded bar 2 nuts large washers.will that do it,wish i had kept my old wishbones now

That might work if one washer is a larger diameter than the recess in the arm. Polybushes are quite easy to get in anyway, I used a small vice and a block of wood.

ive not got a vice unless i do it in my mates garage.is the ride with polybushes as bad as people say

My ride before polybushes was pretty bad so I'd say it was an improvement!

I think it'll be worth your while to go to your mate's place and use the vice. It's pretty quick and will save you making a meal of it with various contraptions. Just grease it a little first and it'll slip right in!

ive not got a vice unless i do it in my mates garage.is the ride with polybushes as bad as people say

No not at all, i have a fully polybushed front end and its reassuringly firm rather than harsh, what i didnt like about the OE bush at the back of the wishbone was that by nature they increase the toe out to assist with braking but this make it wander over rough roads and you have to steer a bit to correct.

Obviously the R32 bush is solid rather than having holes in like the OE one so would be a bit more solid under braking, but i would still like my front wheels pointing forward than getting toe out when braking.

I have tried new OE and poly but can't comment on the R32 rear wishbone bush, wouldnt go anywhere near polybush for the rear beam though........... :nono:

wouldnt go anywhere near polybush for the rear beam though........... :nono:

Why wouldn't you have polybushes on the rear beam?

Why wouldn't you have polybushes on the rear beam?

You lose the passive steer effect, i want my front wheels planted and my back wheels compliant, i run a 28mm nuespeed rear arb which makes the backend a bit twitchy when cornering over rough roads anyway...

The oem rear beam bushes allow some movement to assist with steering

i cant wait to get these polybushes fitted now,it does wander a bit and is nasty on a roundabout