Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

do they all do this vr6

hello

here are my para questions !!!!

do all corrado make a very faint noise when moving that sounds like air come into the car.. abit like having the fans on when they aint?? its like its coming from the passenger floor somewhere.... it dont sound that bad though..

ok qusttion 2 there is a buzzing humming noise coming from the rear end of my can by the exhaust... whats that??

ok here is another on cold starts mostly the first of the day..... me car make a noise like a chicken... sounds like a chicken being killed ( not that ive ever done that mind)

it only lasts as long as the key is turned... IS IT THE STARTER MOTOR OR ITS BELT OR COULD IT BE A WORSE BELT?

..... me car make a noise like a chicken... sounds like a chicken being killed ( not that ive ever done that mind)

And I thought I had problems :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ok qusttion 2 there is a buzzing humming noise coming from the rear end of my can by the exhaust... whats that??

Fuel pump, mines recently started getting a bit noisier but no running issues yet.

Is the faint noise you can hear your aux water pump whirring away like. Can hear it when ya turn ya ignition on.

second one like Joe says sounds like ya fuel pump.

third one, sounds like ya starter motor

the third one happens to me, i've been told it's the starter motor not fully disengaging. Remedied by taking off the motor and greasing up the moving parts. Not done it yet like, so i can't really comment on it!

There was a post on here a while ago that included a recording of a starter motor making the aforementioned screeching chicken noise. If you have a search, you may be able to find it. I have the file saved at home somewhere, so I can probably post it this evening if you can't find it. The original thread obviously will have the solution to the problem in it as well :)

the fuel pump noise hummm buzzzzz is gettin worse as its all the time now?

the noise from the inside has gone ( i did change the aux cooler but i dont think it was that.....

the chicken noise what i was told by u guys was the starter motor went away for about 3 months the 3 days ago it came back but it dont sound like a chicken nomore its a crunch noise??

The fuel pump buzzing is normal....when it stops buzzing there's a problem! If you notice it getting louder over time there may be trouble ahead....

The fuel pump buzzing is normal....when it stops buzzing there's a problem! If you notice it getting louder over time there may be trouble ahead....

If it's making a noticable noise, it's on it's way out. You may be able to prolong it's life by puttin a new fuel filter in (only a few £ from GSF). It's probably worth changing it anyway as it's unlikely to have been changed before.

Dilated ahh I thought it was you :)

yeah i was thinking about changing the filter might as well leave no stone unturned changed every other bnkin part!!

where is the fuel filter?? is it next to the airbox or under the car at the back??

My fuel pump seems to hum louder intermittently, and when it does, it gets louder as your turn accessories on like headlamps & rear demister etc.

Ive got a funny kind of nosie on the VR! Its there all the time and gets louder with engine noise. Sounds kind of fluttery? Thought it was the serpentine belt but appears not. Maybe its just the noise the engine makes i dont know?

1st one - there is a hole or 2 in the bulk head for various wires to go through on various corrado models. I had a similar noise. turned out to be one of the rubber grommets had fallen out. When I went faster the noise would get louder. Just the wind blowing through the hole. Worth a look. Could be a cheap fix!