lilfuzzer

pic request of mk4 golf air con rad

anyone have a pic of the the radiator condenser how they sit in the car just so I know the inlet and outlet thanks

guessing the flow is from the top to the bottom?

cheers

Chris

I'm just going through the process of fitting one of these myself as the Passat condenser I had before was too big and I had to chop lumps out of my old slam panel to fit it. The Golf one goes in a treat and has the added bonus of a drier/receiver hard piped into the right hand side which tucks in neatly around the side of the radiator. I haven't got any pipes for it yet but will probably end up buying a set of pipes from a scrap Golf/Bora and then having Pirtek join them up to my existing Passat pipework.

Flow goes in from the compressor at the bottom left just by the radiator bottom hose and comes out of the top right into the drier/receiver and then on to the evaporator in the car.

I'm in London until the weekend but can take some photos of the jobso far and post them on Saturday if that helps?

Edited by tonedef

Cheers buddy that would be great thanks as its going in the rado so dont have any gubbins with it just the rad itself

Sorry I didn't get any photos up yesterday, hope that some of these might help?

The pipe from the condenser on the left side of the radiator had to be bent (carefully) upwards to clear the crossmember and bottom hose and I've had to make brackets for each side to fit the condenser to the rad.....not happy with the box section on the left side now so making another, slimmer, one to allow the pipe to come further past the rad. I've not got any flexible pipes yet but once I do I'll be getting the local Pirtek guy to splice them into my existing Passat hoses......a/c compressor to bottom left of condenser, top right of condenser via drier/receiver to the in car evaporator.

Cheers buddy its for a charge cooler installation that I am using it for so lloks like I am going to have to swap it round the other way so the inlet is on the drivers side and the cooler water comes out the pass side.

Them photos really helped buddy thanks its much appreciated :)