slim_crx

g60 cold start problems

hello all, corrado is finding it hard to start in the mornings or when its cold, be's fine when warm or stopped and started,

only does it the 1st time in the morning, in the past couple of months ive changed the fuel filter and blue temp sensor with a genuine vw one!

so was sort ruling them 2 things out, also put on a 2nd hand icv, would i be saver changing the icv to see if this is the trouble or does any1 else have any ideas

thanks

Don't waste your money changing the ISV because it's unlikey to be the cause. If you have concerns about it then it's better to clean it out with carb cleaner as it won't do any harm cleaning it anyway.

Is your idle microswitch on the throttle body clicking ok when you take your foot off the accelerator. I have always found my G60 starts 1st time if I dont touch the throttle when cranking but struggles to start if I try to use the throttle.

ok will try cleaning it out tomorrow, oh i didn't know there was a idle microswitch on the throttle body, i know the WOT switch is working, i guess theres another one hiding in there somewhere, how do i check it and can they be got new if its the problem, thanks guys!!