Mawrick

How is the roof trim attatched? (the ones on the side of the roof)

Just bought some new lists for the roof, and to me it seem like there is some tape strips on the list so I suspect one would have to "install" it in one go - and not "threading it in from one side.

Have anyone done this change ?, and could tell me what's the best way to change em?.

regards

Edited by davidwort

Sorry what's a roof list? Do you mean the plastic roof trims that go from front to back on each side of the roof?

I think you are talking about the roof strips? If I remember correctly they come off from the back to the front by removing the end caps and then lifting carefully up working towards the front which you can then slide back and away from a small pin. Fitting is the reverse of that. I replaced mine a few years ago with new ones and they also had tape on the underside but to be honest the strips are such a tight fit I don't think the tape would make any difference! I remember having to really apply quite a lot of force to push them in to the slots - no way they would ever work loose!

Sorry what's a roof list? Do you mean the plastic roof trims that go from front to back on each side of the roof?

Yea, those are the ones....:)

I replaced mine last year and didn't use the sticky tape. The reason I didn't use it (I left the protective backing on) was in case I need to remove them for paintwork in the future. I would recommend you don't take off the end caps because they are very likely to break and they are now obsolete.

I wrote some instructions at the end of this thread:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?56555-Roof-trim-question&highlight=roof

Alright, thanks for the answers guys! :)

End caps: Are those the ones sitting at the rear of the car? (end of the trim)? - I got one new for the right side, but left side was obsolete....:( - can it still be removed without removing those ?.

thnx again.

Yes they are the ones. I'm fairly sure they can still be removed without taking the end caps. The problem with the end caps is that the plastic pin holding them in can break when you prise them off. You.could probably stick them down again with something like silicone sealant. But it's best to try leaving them on if you can. I suggest wrapping a flat screwdriver in tape to.protect the paint and then gently prise the trim off starting at the back.

Yes they are the ones. I'm fairly sure they can still be removed without taking the end caps. The problem with the end caps is that the plastic pin holding them in can break when you prise them off. You.could probably stick them down again with something like silicone sealant. But it's best to try leaving them on if you can. I suggest wrapping a flat screwdriver in tape to.protect the paint and then gently prise the trim off starting at the back.

Alright will do - but what's this "pin" you refered to in your other thread - where is it located, and is it something one have to remove before removing the trip ?

Sorry didn't see your question until today. There is a metal pin in the gulley on each side at the very front. The plastic trim pushes into it to be held securely at the front. If you take a look at the front of the new trims you should see a small hole or groove underneath at the front. This is where it slides into the pin.

Sorry didn't see your question until today. There is a metal pin in the gulley on each side at the very front. The plastic trim pushes into it to be held securely at the front. If you take a look at the front of the new trims you should see a small hole or groove underneath at the front. This is where it slides into the pin.

Ahh, ok - so it's not a "pin" one would have to remove - it's kinda fixed to the car then I guess and the trim "locks" into it?.

Yes that's correct. You don't remove the pin. the trim slides forward onto it at the front of the roof (it's hidden by the trim so you can't see it when on).