Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Ride height issues

Hi,

Am looking into getting some new shocks/springs because i changed the front shocks to boge turbo gas about 2years ago and the front looks like a 4x4.

There really shite, When you wellie it the front goes all over the place, I don`t get any feel from the front. It jerks sideways alot of the time when just driving.

I`ve had it setup, tracking, etc.... all checks out ok

So what would be the best setup for a Corrado G60, ride height is a issue because i have to go round a U-bend which is also uphill to get to my place :(

Cheers

Ian

Koni Top Adjustables with H&R springs along with new top mounts and bump stops.

I have just had the above fitted to my car at Stealth Racing and the transformation from the original setup is amazing, the ride height is spot on (roughly 30mm lower all round) and gives a firm but not harsh ride with hardly any body roll at all. It also seems to improve the passive rear steering and braking is also much more positive! 8)

Boge 40mm Springs are excellent with Bilstein gas shocks for a good compromise between ride and handling..... same or better handling than standard with good ride quality.

Only problem is that the rear springs only drop it by about 20mm, so i'm using 30mm Pro-kit Eibach springs on the rear instead......Works great

Bilstein GAS shocks are just excellent!

How about a supersport coilover kit from venom motorsport.Ive heard nothin but good about these kits.

That way you can have it as low as you like :shock:

Looking on Awesome GTi site and they got koni shocks & eibach springs setup for £425 which i heard was a good setup.

Gonna have to think about this one. Although just got a new job so i might treat myself :)

Cheers for all the help

Later

Ian

Looking on Awesome GTi site and they got koni shocks & eibach springs setup for £425 which i heard was a good setup.

Gonna have to think about this one. Although just got a new job so i might treat myself :)

Cheers for all the help

Later

Ian

dont buy the Eibach springs i'm in the process of sending mine back and ordered some H&R's,not that the ride is bad with the Eibach's its just the car wont sit level 25mm lower at the rear and you cant do anything about it apart from making some spacers for the rear spring platforms,and thats £425 plus vat,at venom its £425 inclueding vat

H&Rs are well known in the VW circles for their consistent ride height and manufacturing quality. Two seperate Corrados and a Mk2 Golf....all 3 exactly 62cm off the ground around all 4 arches. Other brands don't come close to that consistency.

K