wbx6dan

g60 nothelle corrado project

Looks excellent now, well done! ..............Well, except for that exhaust which I find quite offensive! :lol:

God I wish I had a garage like yours though!!!!

It was the German plate's that threw me before i got a hold of my R32 powered corrado i had a G60 which had a TSR Tall block 2000cc with TSR head BBM charger so have a soft spot for G60's even though i only owned it a short time it bit deep now to be honest even if someone came along and offered me what the R32 owe's me I wouldn't sell as i am not finished with it yet I love the feeling and handling of the corrado the torque on the R32 is awesome from 60-100 in 5th gear is about 7-8 sec's never timed it though keep up the good work mate :wave:

thanks boys and Sean what can i say? surely were brothers from another mother esp as your listing a scorpion cat/rear !1???!

The smallest of details not sure what to go for later though?

Dear old tim styles :cowboy: however the R32 sounds like fun the german plates were of my WBX6 van she came from Berlin

hence the plates and i :dance: love my garage thats why we bought the house!

Thanks Rob ever get down to bike night?

a small update

freshly motd !

new bumper acquired and sorta fitted ,windscreen needs replacing and aperture welding and painting (because its falling out) along with the bumper and bonnet before i can drive her clumpy! sorry i missed the 25th do looked good ! but le mans classic might be a goer next year bored with those diesal audis :sleeping:

headlamps next! black wheels?

any one want a mk1 gti? i keep seeing bits i want to buy bugger :help:

mobilephone281013160_zpse51e13d3.jpg

mobilephone281013159_zpsb2e9ab12.jpg

Edited by wbx6dan

I have been mostly fitting headlights today in the rain and fitted the oil cooler in a suitable place !

She looks a little sad at the moment due to the angle of the light aperture from the mk3 golf which can and will be rectified

oh and a bulb

nothelleheadlights005_zpsd87317fe.jpg

g60nothelle001_zpsf5d1c600.jpg

017_zpsa7ebb92b.jpg

mobilephone281013302_zps4f17293d.jpg

Edited by wbx6dan

Very different! Looks like a Corrocco now! :lol: Get some more photos from different angles Dan, be good to see what its like from afar too. :thumbleft:

A quick update heres what im going for!

The light apertures need some extra work but the lights are fitted and the covers are solid and fitted!

When the covers are finished i will use them as a buck for a mould and then glass some up

The lights also seem to work really well very pleased :smug:

filleighnothellelights017_zps617a7e76.jpg

filleighnothellelights016_zpsc384fbff.jpg

ps one of the pedal fitted not sure about right foot braking

nothelleheadlights008_zpsc1bf3b5c.jpg

Edited by wbx6dan

a small update guys replaced the leaking heater matrix today!!!

now that wasn't a nice job! but celebrating dry carpets with a beer!

Thanks boys ive been deliberating on this for some time and it does seem a bit wrong but they look soooo good in satin black !

satin silver ,satin black its a no brainer :scrambleup:

I think the 40 series needs to be replaced with a 45/50 series but im not ditching the yokos as they are nearly new.

Now that the summers over and my vans off the road i am thinking about sticking her on the road and fixing the problems one at a time

money depending and then save up for the body/paintwork .

maybe meet you in Exeter Rob? How you getting on with your running problems?

Going to do some digging tomorrow , i tried this morning and it fired first time , did a mornings work ,came home , started first time and the same after another four hours . The filter and fuel pump need looking at me thinks . Im up for a meet , robbie will be up for it and so will matt and langers i would have thought .

Rob

Should be cool,

Are you aware of the fuel thing going on?

ie the fact all the cheep supermarket fuels are being cut with 20 percent biofuel?

If you are using cheep fuels without detergents it could be clogging your fuel lines a bit like cholestoril and fat blocking your veins!

its well worth chucking in some cleaner anyways!

If i can help let me know

Thanks mate , really have got to get this sorted . Seriously about the fuel ??, I get mine from morrisons super unleaded , ironically I put redex in as I was adding 30 quids worth !

Rob

Its True, thats how they make the fuel prices cheaper, its causing all sorts of problems its rotting rubber fuel pipes inside out and metal fuel tanks from inside aswell.

The government have stipulated 10 percent but are lobbying for 20 percent as standard!

Its only the more expensive fuel stations shell, esso that are using detergents to reduce the sludge build up in the fuel system so defo change the fuel filter aswell its a possibility that if you use morrisons fuel all the time!

I think its more of a problem for older vehicles with steel fuel tanks,pipes and carbs etc because the rados run plastic tanks/pipes its not such a problem however be warned especially as the government are not likely to publicise it any time soon!

good luck bud

Thanks for this info . I have just googled this and it seems the southwest has a serious problem with this . A geezer with a mk1 gti had bad running problems ,changed from morrisons and sorted the problem . Now im not saying this is my problem but im glad i put the redex in , will do other tests as well obviously . Thanks again , Sorry i seemed to have hi jacked your build thread .

Rob