captainredeye

Castle Combe VW/Audi day 14th july

Arranging a CCGB club stand for saturday the 14th of july which is in just 3 weeks time, booking 12 cars but can increase the numbers if required.

Entry fee is £10 paid at the gate and the site is generally open from 8am for any early birds.

There is also the opportunity to have our own track session like we did a couple of years ago, the session is for 12 cars and lasts around 15 minutes, i have been informed that last time it was £30 a car with a 12 car starting line up but have yet to confirm this with Autometrix the event organisers any exact figure, if we don't get enough takers for the track session we can go ahead with a club stand regardless.

http://www.autometrix.co.uk/trackdays/index.

1. CptRedEyE

2. Jaded2882

3.Harrier

Edited by captainredeye

hello,ive just booked to do the full trackday.it will be the first time out in the corrado and looking forward to see what she goes like on a track.i would be more than happy to join in a club stand between sessions.

regards WASVW

Hey jaded2882 think the beast has been round before should give you a good feel for the 4wd ! Can you guys let me know if your club members so I can put you down for the stand, I should also be able to confirm prices later next week!

Will see if I can get it off, not sure if I want to risk it on the track or not. I would love too but dont know if that car will want to play up or not.

I'm not a CCGB member, but will pop over and say hello :wave:

I'm not gonna be out on track either, I'd love to, but my insurance barely covers me to drive a car let alone track it :lol:

I can make this so am up for the CCGB stand- however I think my membership has lapsed! Shall I renew through the website?

If I remember correctly, Eric (Tempest) organised this a few years ago and Autometrix wanted the money for the session paid in full before the day, so he had everyone paypal him the amount once 12 cars had committed. Given it's only 2 weekends away now, I doubt you will get that many committing to tracktime. Might be best just to say anyone that wants track time to organise it themselves through Autometrix?

I agree with you on that jaded! Have not had any communication from the organisers about the group session and with time running out its getting little rushed, I don't like rushed.

Maybe think about it for next year and for now we will just go with a stand and park in the paddock.

Membership Yeah I'm sure I just renew on the website might even be able to use PayPal.

Wish i could come to this vut i checked the other day and its way to far to travell shame really should be good

Little update, i have the passes for the main paddock there is still a few spaces for any straglers and need to confirm numbers by end of wednesday, to miss the main traffic its been suggested to arrive at 830-900 but any time after that is ok.

I can send out the passes via post or we could meet up before going into combe circuit was aiming for about 9ish.

Post would be best for me as I'm not sure I can get down that early. Many thanks for arranging this.

possibly too late to do the same now, but i entered the show and shine online and they sent me a pass today, but also a wristband for free entry!

next year rather than a clubstand i'd recommend all applying for the show and shine and parking together for free :lol:

see you there!

I should be coming along to this and try and catch up with you. I will however be in the Mk3 barge. I have track time booked so wave as you go past me, lol.

Jaded2882, Matt, I should have asked if you where going. I posted your loom yesterday. I'll be happy to help you fit it on Saturday if you bring it.

Im ok to meet at 9ish if you could suggest where, Ok to pay you on the day? & im tempted to have a go on the circuit,do you know if i can decide on the day?

Darren mate you don't owe me nought its just the entry fee at the gate, here is the link to the prices think you can book a single session but not sure about on the day, they have to arrange safety briefs http://www.autometrix.co.uk/trackdays/buy_tracktime.html happily meet you in chippenham I will sort you out with an address later ol

I would like to be on the stand but I'll be in the battered daily as I now only have one.......

I would like to be on the stand but I'll be in the battered daily as I now only have one.......

Don't try and make me feel guilty again, I remember what that wad of cash looked like on your table remember! :)

Will be good to see you, I told you you'de see it again soon see?

I wouldn't worry oz mine is my daily to and was somewhat worried last time we were at combe and it fitted right in, more the merrier I say ,shall I put your name down?