carrots

wheel hitting arch

hi been in the car for a 140 mile drive with 4 people in it.the drivers side rear wheel has been hiting the front of the rear arch when going over bumps.it sounds nasty.could it be the axle bush or shocker advise needed asap please

Is it lowered? If not, likely to be suspension seeing as its on a beam. As the wheel lifts it tilts forward, hence why you see low cars with the wheel sitting very close to the front of the arch

yer its lowered on standard shocks.it didnt catch on arch when i first owned the car.its cutting the tread and sounds very bad if i hit a bump

If you have 4 people in it, it will be lower than usual so will catch. Anyway sounds like old shocks to me, when you're lowering your car I always recommend either uprated shocks and springs or coilovers rather than just using standard

indeed.. you're asking the shocks to do more work and then loading it too..

either just that the shocks can't cope or may be knackered. Either way, uprating them would be a good idea.

ive been thinking about new shocks i cant afford expensive uns at the moment tho and them cheap coilovers on ebay are supposed to be rubbish.so you dont think the axle bush could be the cause.i might get some of them jom coilovers off ebay.i dont drive like a nutter so they could be ok

Edited by carrots