Sign in to follow this  
keystarG60

Boot lock

Tried to load the boot on my c today but cant. 'Blipped' it with the remote as usual, two doors unlock fine but boot lock still feels locked(although i could hear it click away as if it was working). Tried operating the central locking manually using the key(same result). Also tried unlocking the boot individualy using the key but no luck. Can i access the mechanism from the inside somehow?? Help!!

I think you can by removing the trim panel, that's the one you remove to get to the reverse/fog light bulbs.

I've never tried it with the boot closed tho.

It's tricky, but it IS do-able with the boot shut... :)

Drop down the rear seats, and then you should be able to see (with a torch! ;) ) the clips around the top of the trim panel. These unscrew and then the panel will drop into the car at the top, then lift off the bottom retaining clips... 8)

Odds are there's either a leak in the pneumatic hose to the unlock actuator or it's all gummed up inside and needs greasing....

Just a thought - when the boot was closed, was anything trapped between the boot lid & car body ? This would make the lock difficult to open - try pressing down on the boot lid as you unlock the car.

mine sometimes does this,a carefully placed thump around the lock area while pressing the remote usually does the trick