Mawrick

Windshield trims - Are they supposed to be GLUED?

Just had my windshield replaced on the Corrado, and not to sure about the work that have been done - the Trim around the windshield isn't 100% "on level" at the end - one side it goes longer down then the other, and had to go inn again cause it was kinda "slipping" at top, where they used glue to get it down to the windshield.

Are you at all supposed to use glue on the trim around this windshield?.

And what make the C so "spescial" when it comes to the windshield - is it that much more "complicated" to fit then any other car?.

Sadly I think the manager of this shop is on vacation - as I'v heard positive thing about him being very experienced - and when he first looked at this car himself it sounded like he knew about these kinds of "trims" - but when I had the C ready and went back in he is obviously on vacation.......so the other guys took it in. :(

Not realy sure what I think about this job.....

have a good search on the forum, the windscreen and trim needs to be fitted 'properly' and is unfortunately bodged by most fitters not familiar with the screen and trim. It's not neccessarily difficult to do, it's just they don't follow the correct steps.

This results in broken trim, leaking screens, corrosion and a visibly poor looking fitment.

Just had my windshield replaced on the Corrado, and not to sure about the work that have been done - the Trim around the windshield isn't 100% "on level" at the end - one side it goes longer down then the other, and had to go inn again cause it was kinda "slipping" at top, where they used glue to get it down to the windshield.

Are you at all supposed to use glue on the trim around this windshield?.

And what make the C so "spescial" when it comes to the windshield - is it that much more "complicated" to fit then any other car?.

Sadly I think the manager of this shop is on vacation - as I'v heard positive thing about him being very experienced - and when he first looked at this car himself it sounded like he knew about these kinds of "trims" - but when I had the C ready and went back in he is obviously on vacation.......so the other guys took it in. :(

Not realy sure what I think about this job.....

Is there any way I could take it off again myself and re-fitt it ?. and is there any guides on how to do this anywhere?.

Actually thinking about taking it into the vw dealer and hear if they could maybe do a proper job on it in theyr carosserie workshop.....

Yeah as David said, there's nothing special about Corrado screens. It's just that some fitters seem to make a pig's ear of it.

You could refit it yourself. All you need is a tube of urethane glue and the relevant tools, but you will probably break the screen getting it out again unfortunately.

Yeah as David said, there's nothing special about Corrado screens. It's just that some fitters seem to make a pig's ear of it.

You could refit it yourself. All you need is a tube of urethane glue and the relevant tools, but you will probably break the screen getting it out again unfortunately.

Yea - Got a mechanic that I use from time to time to have a look at it - to him it seem like the windscreen have been put in a bit to "low" - causing the gasket around the top not to stretch back to it's original position - I guess I'l leave it as it is for some time, maybe I get lucky and get another stone chipped in it - will take it to the dealer then and hopefully they will be better at it....;)