NewbridgeJob

Brake fluid reservoir or cap

Best to get a new one if you can - come with a cap and they are nice and clear and easy to read the level...

ABS cars use a different part.

Yeah it needs to be an ABS version. Just need one so I can use the car really. Can't find a brand new one on euro car parts or anywhere. It seems as though it's sucking air into the system as I saw a load of oil around the rim of the cap

Ah I didn't think they sold them? I'll try a new seal first. I am right in thinkin that these caps shouldn't let any air in or out should they? I wrapped my mouth around the top of it an it was letting air through where that plastic level thing connects

Early caps are obsolete, new one's fit, but you have to buy the newer electrical plug ! Im talking the ABS ones , part guy took my reg number to get correct fitment

Thanks guys- Fla, I'll let you know. Did any of you's have an issue with the cap letting in air? I can't get my clutch bled as soon as the clutch seems back to normal after bleeding the master cylinder the cluth goes to the floor and then the cap is all full of brake fluid

Thanks guys- Fla, I'll let you know. Did any of you's have an issue with the cap letting in air? I can't get my clutch bled as soon as the clutch seems back to normal after bleeding the master cylinder the cluth goes to the floor and then the cap is all full of brake fluid

I did answer this on your original thread.

I would say your slave cylinder is knackered, take it off the gearbox, still attached to the fluid pipe and look inside (where the piston is) if there is any fluid at all it'll need replacing as its letting air in.....

The cap doesn't let air in to the fluid, its not physically possible for that to happen, but any leak, anywhere on the system will, including inside the slave cylinder.

Edited by daleyboy