dochy

oil dipstick plastic thingy

as above really.got one apparently for a g60 off ebay but i checked the oil level beforhand and found it to be much longer than origional hence not even reading oil level so beware!!

You need the dipstick or the dipstick housing..?

Also what engine do you need it for...?

Have a couple of spares.

is it the orange bit,i thought 8v and 16v blocks are the same.have you pushed it down onto the tube

its the orange housing for a g60!!pushed it over the lip but checked it next to the bits of the old one and it was longer???held the dipstick higher.glad i checked!!

My old one was much shorter as the bottom of it had cracked off - your oil might not have been reading correctly before. I also had to hammer it down a little with a socket extension and rubber mallet to seat it properly on the dipstick tube. If you clean the old one and look very carefully you'll see a part number on it - 053 103 663 is the part number ETKA shows for a G60 - this is the original part, and was probably red. Now superseded to 050 103 663, which is orange (this is by far the most common one) - very cheap at the dealers or GSF. I got one recently for €2.63 for my VR6. Gruvenparts and Awesome also sell a nice billet aluminum one, but I haven't tried them.

no vw garage near me unfortunately and couldnt find on on any vw spares sites.being a bit lazy i went for ebay.fendverg this new one is orange and to be fair the car is in the garage awaiting its great comeback and yup it did have a little oil leak.one will investiate again.cheers lads.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

being lazy again but how much oil is put into it?ma mate has one of those suction pumps(stick it down the dipstick.great invention) and after removing the sump plug there was nothingi know myself there should be more that 3 ltrs but anyone know exactly??