hipcity

Corrado Filters and the Optional Jetex pollen filter

The seal is still available from the dealers. I've used a Jetex pollen filter, but now I have a charcoal filter,(thinner then Jetex and cheaper) available in all good DiY stores

Dragon, I assume something like this is fine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fellowes-Carbon-Filter-Medium-for-230-Air-Purifier-Ref-9372001-/140850900633?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Equipment_Supplies_Office_Equipment_ET&hash=item20cb5e2e99

And you can just cut it down to size?

Edited by V-Dubstar

The seal is still available from the dealers. I've used a Jetex pollen filter, but now I have a charcoal filter,(thinner then Jetex and cheaper) available in all good DiY stores

Have you fitted this using the parts from the Jetex? really need to change mine!

Jetex filter was only optional as an aftermarket item and they don't make them anymore.

Seal is available from the VW dealer network as per the wiki article (part number is on the wiki to make it really easy).

As other folks have mentioned a 'ghetto' mod involving some sort of filter element (coffee filter paper, cooker hood etc) will do the job of keeping the bits of leaves etc out of your heater system - a bit of that and a rubber band should do the trick.

I will say that you do get a noticably reduced amount of airflow coming through the heating system with the jetex filter as it is very thick - the thinner the better if you are not afflicted by pollen.