EJ Taylor

Smoothing Front Bumper Recess

Anyone done this before? got any tips? also know best place to get a full front light set-up as new.... indicators, fogs, headlights... etc.... thanking you!

p.s (any CF meets coming up?)

Smooth it. Sh*t they look way better with a nice tidy bumper – Too many lights otherwise IMO

Previous owner got mine done, might have a receipt kicking around somewhere will see if I can find it.

i smoothed out my fogs and indicators, its prety easy to do DIY , you just need to clean off the paint and plastic weld new plastic inplace with a soldering iron,

you do it a few mm below the finished surface so filler can be used to get everything level,

mynewbumper2.jpg

bumperplasticweldleftcock-1.jpg

bumperplasticweldleft.jpg

make everything rough for better adhesion.

Agree with delfinis38 - If you're going to do it, I'd do it on a spare bumper.

Keep your electrics / excess wiring clean and tidy too - You want to be able to bring it back to stock if required.

yer tbh im not to keen on smoothing the entire thing (lights 'n' all), i didnt really make it clear but i ment just the number plate recess, i quite light the fog and indicator set-up and my mate did the entire thing and imo now it all looks a bit plain. so yer, just the number plate recess really, and YES! getting a spare is definitely a good idea.. :) and i only plan to do the filling/plastic welding myself, then she is of to a body shop to have the entire front end re-sprayed.

ALSO! DOES ANYONE KNOW.... if all bumpers fit all Corrados? mines a late 95? do all years and models fit each other? or is it only later models etc? any info would be appreciated!

CHEEEEEEEERS CHAPS!

Theres a good guide Here

All early bumpers are the same G60, 16v ect. and late bumpers are the same Vr6, 16v ect.

The main difference is fog light and indicator housings but the line around the top is also differs slightly

so basically i need a newer shape one as i waner keep the same light set-up... any idea when they made the change from early to late corrado? 93? 94?

I think it was 91's early - 92's Late for the exterior face lift

Anyone confirm ?

Just checked it was August 1991 they made the change over

Edited by Southie