Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Poly bushes

Its prob been asked before, but.....

Who is running powerflex bushes?

Whats the impression of them?

After driving my Golf VR6 yesterday i realised that the corrado needs all its bushes done!

Thanks

ive got the wishbone bushes and rear axle bushes done, definately worthwhile getting them, bit noisier on certain road surfaces but fine 99% of the time.

hi at the moment i have the front wishbones [powerflex] and have to say they are a so much better than standard,but my std front-rears were totally shaged.i would recommend powerflex pollys at front rears,as a must or you could spend more and get some vibratechnics, i paid £33 for powerflex front rears.and vibs are about £60each .

hope this helps .

brian :)

i had poly ones on the front, inc arb bushes, i was told not to use the rear ones as they loose the rear possaive steering and make the rear switchy ar speed, not so good. as for effect, well steering is more positive i supose, i got new wishbones with them already fitted to from c&r, good value i thought.

Madjackal. the bushes on the front hold the wish bone plate in place with a bolt through it, using a stiffer material gives the front less flex which in turn gives a bettter turn in, the results are fractional, but it all helps., on the rear the rear axel is help in place with similar bushes, as you throw the car in a corner it allows the axel to turn slightly into the corner, if you replace these with stiffer ones it wont flex as much and the rear could jump suddenly, the down side to the whole thing is slightly more noise or uncomfort, to you'll never feel is the corrado is lumpy to drive from new. if fact vw should have fitted loads of other things as standard then we wouldn't have to fork out for them now,.

With regards to the whole passive rear steering thing, this is the way I see it. :idea:

When you turn into a corner the bushes load up and flex allowing the passive rear steer, fine on standard suspension.

If your suspension is uprated then its a bit different.

When you turn into a corner with uprated suspension you can be going faster than with standard, again this loads up the bushes but the force on them is going to be greater causing them to flex even more than they should, exagerating the rear steer effect. :?

This could of course be bollox, but personally I would go for standard bushes with standard suspension, or if uprating the suspension then I would also go for the uprated bushes. (As I have done.) :-P

i agree with joe... i think hte point he makes is correct...but even if he is not, the question begs to be asked.....why do you want an unknown variable in the handling of your car??