dalhalvaig

Speedo stopped working '96 VR^

Hi

Looking for a quick bit of help here. Last night was driving along and the speedo stopped working. Today went to check it out as I know there is a bodge connection in the wiring at the speed sensor on the gearbox. At some point someone has had to do a mod where they have put bullet connectors onto the wiring side and jammed these into the back of the 3 pin connector. This has worked up till now although they occasionally have worked loose and had to be pushed back in. They have usually come loose after driving on some poor road surfaces. So today i assumed that this would be the same and would just need to be 'pushed home' again.

When i opened the bonnet to disconnect the connector at the speed sensor I found that the wires were all out of the connector. I have tried putting them back in but no joy. I am now beginning to wonder whether I have got them in the correct positions since they had all come out. There are three wires - black, a white/blue and a brown/green.

Could some one tell me on their car what order they are on the plug? I think that the white goes in the middle and looking into the connector with the 2 grooves for the sensor at the top of the connector black is on the left and the brown on the right.

Is this correct?

Could someone have at look at theirs and post a picture?

Thanks in advance

D

David,

If you can get out tomorrow, i should be at home all afternoon/evening if you want to pop over and compare? Also i'm picking up a rough golf vr6 tomorrow to rob some bits off of, maybe be able to find a suitable spare plug and change it over? Not sure if i need the plug for that for the dreaded obd2 wiring saga to come :)

Cheers for that. I may come over after the Grand Prix - will drop you a text before a move. Will you be watching the tennis? Should I wait till after then?

Hi, I'm still out but should be in at about 3pm and in all day after that, might have a look at the tennis if it's still on? As long as you text before heading out as you don't want to be arriving here and I'm not yet in lol :)