With the change of date and lack of summer so far I get the impression no-one has been up for much camping.

I'm braving it for Saturday night at BVF (intend to get there Sat early afternoon) and wonder if I'll know anyone!!!

Or in other words.. plenty of space on the ccbg club stand if the sun does shine like it is forecaste to :)

Still deciding what to do the weekend, now that an originally planned event has fallen through.

Paying £30 for just a night followed by a day at BVF strikes me as too much compared to just turning up on Sunday for a tenner.

Tempest

My better half is working at Nottingham's city festival (Splendour) so I'm not going to make it out to BVF this year. It's such a shame they made it clash with Bugjam!

I'd be really interested to read a review of this year's BVF after the weekend. I fear the bad weather and the date change might kill what was a really nice show.

I've heard the rains have flooded one of the fields. Is this speculation or does anyone know more info? I ask because some friends are going and will be camping in the family field.

cheers

Chris

According to a letter from the BVF organsiers on Tuesday this week, the grounds of the 3 Counties Showground are dry.

According to the list of people attending the CCGB clubstand, this show may indeed have died for the CCGB. Hardly any takers :(

Various reasons, not necessarily the date change, more likely things like lack of traders that offer stuff of interest to water-cooled Dubbers, let alone for Rado-owners. Instead you get all sorts of traders offering dubious wares for the aircooled campervan brigade, need I go into detail? :lol:

Complaints about the concourse and judging. Excessive cost for the whole weekend. Plus maybe a general tiredness amongst certain Rado-folk of general VW shows ;) Always the same: More Goofs, rusty campervans, yoof in Goofs.

TBF: BVF has always had a slightly different audience, not so much suffering from the usual Goof-creatures that make shows like UD, Ed38, DC, Westside and a whole range of recent new shows.

Tempest

I haven't been to BVF for a good 5-6 years. the show was very aircooled based back then, but a decent rado group made up for that and made for a good weekends camping. memorial moments include WPIMK? and a random weed smoking welsh bloke. Good times.

In the end after a good tinkering session on Jim´s VR yesterday, and the fact that certain jobs we had planned on doing on closer inspection didn´t need doing, I had time left on my hands last night, so decided to keep butterfly company at BV, and took the Mk1 Rocco packed with a tent.

It was quiet, very queit in terms of numbers of people and cars.

Today turned out to be a gorgeous day, first day of summer 2012 as far as I can tell, so off to the Concourse Butterfly went, and I thought might as well stick the Mk1 in, too, after I had been informed that the Concourse/ Show&Shine was to be held on a section of hardstanding bewtween two halls, not in the usual fields, which were still quite muddy.

I Butterfly entered superclass, with one more contestant, none of the usual suspects turned up :( Butterfly came 2nd, enough to be given a nice rosette.

I entered the only class that´s available for modded non-Goof/non airhead (erm, aircooled), non campervans cqatehpry, which is Class 6, where they just bung in anything that´s not a Goof, Beech Buggy, Beetle or campervan. It did say modded, and sure enough I soon was joined by 2 what I viewed as hilarious airride cars, that duly gave everyone who wanted to see this a demo of the car bouncing backwards and forwards like it was having sex or something :lol: I just don´t get it :lol:

I was even more surprised when an admittedly mint Mk1 Jetta entered the same class, and won in our class! Have I misunderstood something? Class 6, modded, the plaque they gave me says modified ... hmm. Oh well, it gave my Mk1 superb exposure and that´s one dandy fine aspect.

Some pics:

bvf2012-1.jpg

bvf2012-2.jpg

bvf2012-3.jpg

bvf2012-4.jpg

bvf2012-5.jpg

bvf2012-6.jpg

bvf2012-7.jpg

bvf2012-8.jpg

Tempest

Nice pics Eric, good to see some sun at last. Attention from punters is more welcome than the awards in essence too. I vowed to not bother with BVF again after a ****e show last year and stupid £30 charge for one night.

Jude was actually the winner of the super class as they had added the scores up wrong so she was pleased as punch when i spoke earlier this evening :)

Cheers Eric for your company last night.

I did indeed end up coming first as the score sheets were made available and on collecting mine I was a little confused by how I could only have dropped 5 points but been 25 off the max. Organisers were horrified by their mistake and spoke to the campervan owner and he was fine about it all.

Truly a summer day but the heat caused me a bit of a problem. Having left the bonnet up all day the stay was looking a bit weird when I went to pack up. It had started bending with the weight of the bonnet. I had to ask some passing guys to hold my bonnet up while I bent it back again! So, that's another job to do. Take it off and make sure it ie the right shape!!!

Ah well done then, Judith, to actually coming first after all :)

Attention from punters is more welcome than the awards in essence too

Indeed it is, and listening to some of the comments from punters walking past: "I so want that!" made it for me :)

With the last pic I should have more carefully set up my shot, just took the pic when Judith had moved her head behind the Rado, unaware of me trying to compose a shot :lol:

Tempest