vwnutter

ignition lights not working

hi all im not sure if this is the right section but thought id ask,

i had an immobiler on my Rado vr6 that was basically crap. i have removed it now but since removing it i had a few issues with the car starting. anyhow it now turns over and starts fine although i think my ignition barrel is on its way out.

my issue is that all lights on dash from turning key in ignition have now dissapered. all instuments on dash are not working either? fuel speedo temp etc?

what should I be looking for as its been 3 days now and im fed up of unwinding insulate tape!

all help welcome

and thanks in advance

Have a good look for all earths that may have been removed whilst removing the immobiliser. If they're all at points, ensure they're nice and tight.

check plug e2 is live if not it needs a jumper lead to it..(black wire at top of fusebox)hope this helps

As 20vtvw says; there will be a black wire from plug e2 that is about 6 inches in length and goes to a junction block, it is likely this has been pulled out by accident and needs refitting. Drop the fuseboard down and trace this cable.