Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Robbo's VR6 - Nice & clean, with new footwear...

Here's a few pics of my '93 black VR6 after a good days fettling! also wearing new wheels - 17" 225 Audi TT alloys with 205/40 rubber. I think they really suit the Corrado, what do you guys think? Other minor mods since I bought her 6 months ago - smoked side repeaters, black VW roundels, later style chrome VR6 badges. Still to come - Powerflow custom stainless zorst, M3 rear lights, suspension maybe?!

Cheers,

Robbo

looking good........just time to save up for the lower suspension matey :wink: .....and that'll make it look even better 8)

i was thinking about getting those wheels before i got my 16inch black ones. they look freaking awesome! yeah all you need to do now is lower it a bit... =]

Looking really good there, but BOY, does it need dropping a couple of inches! :wink: 8)

it certainly is a looker with those wheels dude :D but you'll be on headheight with a freelander with em on at the moment :shock: (or maybe not :oops: )

Get it slammed asap and it'll be tres cool IMO! 8)

WOOOOOOHHHHH look how high that baby is!!!

did you have to buy the tyres separately? or did you find a set of those wheels with the 205/40's on already?

LMAO! why oh why did VW set the factory ride height so high, it looks ridiculous!

nice rims though.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it needs dropping. I'm not rushing into it though coz I don't want to f*%k up the ride completely! Plus with the offset of these wheels they come right out to fill the arches (this probably makes it look even higher!), so if I lower it too much they're gonna catch. Looks well phat from the rear though! Anyone got any spring recommendations which will give a decent ride?

Jedi, I bought the wheels off good ol' Ebay with 225/45's on. The tyres were bald anyway, so I got the wheels dirt cheap! After a refurb & the new 205/40's it's cost me about £450 in total. Just need some VW centre badges now!

Cheers,

Robbo

cool. the koni kit is cheap and cheerfull and dont listen to what ppl say about it being a hard ride. its no different to the H&R's and i have driven both!!!

you can always get the offsets altered on the wheels so they sit under the arches a bit more. Its about £12 per wheel plus VAT, see link for details

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/pricelist.htm

£450 inc new tyres and refurb is a bargin. how much was the refub??