s1oww

Sunroof sticking and heater matrix fitting?

Hi, im new to this corrado world. I have a 1995 vr6 and the sunroof sticks.

Fine going back, but takes a few trys to close it.

It also needs a heater matrix, is this a dash out and where's good to get a new one from that isn't too expensive. I assume secondhand is not a good idea.

Is there a how to on dash removal?

Also the abs light is on, is there a common sensor that breaks?

Lube the sunroof tracks and mechanism with white grease (having cleared out any gunk/dirt you can see) as a first step. They're meant to be regularly cleaned and lubed,but most won't have had either since leaving the factory.

Otherwise, watch for signs of scratches on the passenger side of the roof panel as an indicator that breakage is imminent.

Great guide, super useful :)

My sunroof is odd. It goes back fine most of the time, but get about 3/4 open and goes slow. After its done that it will only close about a mm at a time. I have to push the button over and over again until it's closed.

Surely it can't be that the tracks need greasing or it would be odd all the time.

No odd scratches on the roof either.

Any ideas?

yeah i just played around with my sunroof. got it to slide back but very juddery, then when i closed it. i seen them scratches by the passenger door :o not cool.

what does that mean? is it going to have to be a replacement, probably will seems the beading has come out of the casing towards the back of the car and has stretched a t aswell. bummer