ST0RMF0RCE

broken positive crankshaft ventilation....

hey all,

thanks to forum members got this part identified - trying to source replacement but does anyone know if I will cause any damage if I just run a straight bit of hose short term - the little skinny hose on top of it wont be connected but I have some spare hose to make a temporary fix...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68751[/ATTACH]

thx for looking and any help,

Pete

Posted this in the thread in Wanted, but just so it's stored somewhere Google can get to it...!

You can easily delete the PCV valve. Disconnect it with its two hoses and there'll be a gap between the blue plastic dummy connector on the inside radius of the inlet elbow and the pipe sticking out of the top-left edge of the rocker cover. Bridge these with a bit of pipe, or the leftover hose in your hose kit (yes, that's what it's for!). Then either block up the vacuum feed that used to operate the valve or replace the 'T'-shaped pipe with a straight pipe from the port on the head (tucked in near the throttle body) to the blue carbon canister valve that's mounted on the driver's side suspension tower under the MAF. Do the clips up tight or your manifold vacuum will escape and make your idle go lumpy!

Pics of my setup below - note I have a 42draft metal inlet elbow fitted so yours will look different.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68832[/ATTACH]

Some VRs including mine came from factory with just the straight through pipe (orange one above, but in black obv). Not sure why. I couldnt source a replacement either had to get it from the states in the end for £30!

If you delete it dont you also have to delete the T shaped Pipe that sits on top of the PCV and that connects to the PCV and goes under and behind the airbox?

Early ones had a straight pipe. Later ones had the disc filter. People call it a 'valve' but all I can see in it is a fine mesh filter to catch some of the oil vapours.

Some VRs including mine came from factory with just the straight through pipe (orange one above, but in black obv). Not sure why. I couldnt source a replacement either had to get it from the states in the end for £30!

If you delete it dont you also have to delete the T shaped Pipe that sits on top of the PCV and that connects to the PCV and goes under and behind the airbox?

Gaz, you're right - easy solution though is to use a screw with some silicone on it to seal this up. Put a small ziptie on it for the 'belts and braces' approach!

Yes, which is why I said:

Then either block up the vacuum feed that used to operate the valve or replace the 'T'-shaped pipe with a straight pipe from the port on the head (tucked in near the throttle body) to the blue carbon canister valve that's mounted on the driver's side suspension tower under the MAF.

Everyone with unmodified engines should run their gloved fingers under the valve from time to time - I'd bet my own money that >50% of you have oil seeping out of there from the plastic corrugated hose splitting. Ditch it!

Stone

No problem, just being sarky ;) It looks a lot neater with a straight hose to the carbon canister valve, at any rate.

Stone