Crispy Squirrel

Good news. Car is fixed.

Not sure if anyone remembers my post about my head gasket going, fixing it myself - Selling it etc etc

well!

A friend ran a compression & sniff test on her and it was returning poor results despite no obvious signs of gasket problems,

So he took the head off the engine and some tool hand't torked all the bolts back on right so It looked broke but actually just needed a new fan start motor to keep her cool and the bolts tightened correctly!

+ MOT now means my car is back on the road! aAhhhhhhh :) :) :)

The only thing I would say (and hate to say this now you've done the work!) is that if it's the head bolts you're "torquing about" (geddit?) then I thought they were stretch bolts and should only be used once? If they've been fitted, even if not done correctly, there's a good chance you've got more headgasket woes awaiting you if you didn't get new head bolts... or use ARP ones which are re-usable..

The only thing I would say (and hate to say this now you've done the work!) is that if it's the head bolts you're "torquing about" (geddit?) then I thought they were stretch bolts and should only be used once? If they've been fitted, even if not done correctly, there's a good chance you've got more headgasket woes awaiting you if you didn't get new head bolts... or use ARP ones which are re-usable..

Jim's comment is a good one. However I have re-used stretch head bolts in the past and got away with it, but you are not supposed to.

I did know the history of the bolts I re-used, as I had fitted them new the previous time the head was off.

If it was me, and the bolts torqued up without any problems, and the engine runs fine and does not show any head gasket problems I'd probably leave it as it is.

One thing to say.... SHHHhhhhhhhhh She's working ........ lol

Well done that man. Bet you can't believe you were thinknig of selling it.

Well done that man. Bet you can't believe you were thinknig of selling it.

I know right. £260 later. One dodgy MOT and a new, quiet, faster engine!!

ENGINE TEMP STILL DON"T WORK :(

He said he looked into my engine temp gauge and he said it all looks fine in the engine. Dashboard issue maybe?

Glad its back on the road :thumbleft:

ENGINE TEMP STILL DON"T WORK :(

He said he looked into my engine temp gauge and he said it all looks fine in the engine. Dashboard issue maybe?

This might be of some help...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?55795-Temp-Gauge-not-working!!!-G60&p=728377&viewfull=1#post728377

Edited by Southie