vwfras

ex show winner- saved from the scrappies!

Picked up a corrado a couple of weeks ago with the intention of breaking it. After driving it home I decided to keep it, repair it and maybe sell it on after getting a few months use out of it.

Apparently it was a show winner in its day, still to collect the pics of it with its trophies, ive also been told it was used in a brochure for an alarm company. It had a corrado.net sticker on the window so maybe someone on here might recognise it.

aad89122.jpg

baad7a34.jpg

09812365.jpg

d7913c70.jpg

57ce3efb.jpg

this pipe (pump to accumulator-fuel) is being a bit of a pain to find, vw still do it but at a price.:bonk:

got a bumper to pick up and fit, got given the one that goes with the body kit but not a fan of big bumpers with mesh on them, couple of other wee jobs and it should be gd for an mot :)

fingers crossed all goes to plan.

doesnt look familar or anywhere near a show winner in current spec :lol:

could be good with a bit of love though and defo worth saving! good find.

yeh got it off a mate in Cumbernauld thats not really into vw , got it for a steal. not sure where he got it from. I just wanted the wheels off it but looking forward to driving it as my winter motor so i can put my t4 off the road. these photos were pre wash , engine is now soaked in gunk and the interior is completely stripped out for cleaning etc. drivers door will be gettin sorted aswell . ill need to have a look for a hydraulics place n see what they r charging. vw wanted £40.

Sorta gettin the corrado bug now .... maybe have to get myself a vr6 in the future.

Sorta gettin the corrado bug now .... maybe have to get myself a vr6 in the future.

Slippery slope :lol:

Welcome along :)

yeh got it off a mate in Cumbernauld thats not really into vw , got it for a steal. not sure where he got it from. I just wanted the wheels off it but looking forward to driving it as my winter motor so i can put my t4 off the road. these photos were pre wash , engine is now soaked in gunk and the interior is completely stripped out for cleaning etc. drivers door will be gettin sorted aswell . ill need to have a look for a hydraulics place n see what they r charging. vw wanted £40.

if you can fid a company makeing the fuel pipe give us a shout mie on its last legs

decided just to get the vw one, £42.04 in total. picking it up tomorrow. didnt have time to get asking around.

Not looking forward to trying to remove the rest of the old one.

yeh no worries, I nearly bought one from crazyquiffs mk1 golf shop online, they do stainless braided pipes, think they do bundle packs, maybe worth checking their site and see if they can get u sorted.

This car looks very familiar, does it have a ABF engine? Think my mate owned it for a short while, its a very solid car.

managed to get the rest of the pipe off last night, the accumulator seems ok. Its got the kr engine in it the now but Ive been told it had a vr6 in it when it was a show car. Not had a chance to have a proper look around it due to work and my 4month old baby but was glad to see the shell inside has been soaked in wax oil and braided brake pipes. should be a gd wee motor when its MOTd .

Brilliant!!! Pity the photos have been taken down, would've been gd to see what it was like back then.

Most of the bits I need are bits this guys done, indicator lense , temp sense, bumper , splitter etc.

Got the fuel pipe sorted and gave it a gd clean. Someone reversed into when my mate owned it so Tempted to respray it so I can get the body spot on and the drivers door sorted.

Never paint with metallic paint before but. Got the engine degreased aswell with service to follow.

Sunroof works but dosnt slide right back, take its probly dirty track and a headlining out job?

520c845c.jpg

ce4aa9f3.jpg

Sunroof now replaced with one from a Mk3 Golf. Thanks to Richys VW spares in Bonnybridge for the new sunroof.

Had thought it was just dirty runners but one of the tilters was lifting up while it was slid back under the roof.

Stuck with the original corrado panel rather than changing it to the mk3 glass. Bit of white grease and refitted my now spotless headlining.

roll on MOT time :)

50E15BC1-6052-4355-870C-4FE3428767E9-521-00000051C4ED660F.jpg

finally got a new bumper (thanks to Mickey on here), lucky with the colour aswell :)

gave it a good layer of wax oil behind it too.

3D16466B-6AE7-447D-8EFC-F4BAD7CD1DF7-521-000000520E97C863.jpg

starting to build the interior back up now.

just need 4 tyres now :/

small world,i supplied the KR engine to Lee when he had it ,came from Jennas old black 16v,nice one saving it from the scrappies,im sure there is a thread on scottishvag about the car

just need 4 tyres now :/

I got 4 Schmidt Modernlines for sale with tyres that would sit nicely on this. ;) haha

Looking good! Nice one saving it from the scrappies. I'm picking up my old valver this week and not sure if I want to save it and put it back on the road as a daily, or break it and put parts over to the VR6.

lol dont tempt me... how much but ? :scratch:

yeh save it!! Im thinking of booking my MOT soon, dont think i can hold off till the end of Oct as planned.

YAAASSS MOT Passsed !!!

couple of small jobs to do now, inc timiing belt and service. then tax at the start of Nov.

Drove nice today .... love the spoiler popping up at 40 :D

Shame you're having to break it :(

Please don't use this thread to sell stuff though- open a breaking thread in the correct section ;)