Swompy

Planning a driving route good website?

Me and a couple of friends are planning on doing a driving weekend around wales.

We are planning on driving down some decent roads like the Top gear black mountain pass, the Evo triangle, Elan valley, the pass of Llanberis and also stopping at the Mach loop to do some plan spotting! Also camping for one night.

Now I have done a quick look on google maps for a rough Idea of route but was wondering if there are any decent website where I can fine tune the route? Or am I stuck with google maps.

Thank you muchly

have you tried michelin route finder, i used this to drive to greece, found it very good

If you have a Garmin sat nav, they do a free utility called BaseCamp that allows you to plan routes and upload them to your Garmin device..

So you are asking on the Forum about a driving weekend and not asking us your fellow Corrado owners to join you ?

That's very tough !!!!! :-)

Its a sighter run for a future forum get together :D

That Sounds like bull**** to me !!!

---------- Post added at 7:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:57 PM ----------

I didn't say I had to share tents, just the drive, although ................. !!!!

Its a two man tent Wendy, but I'm sure he'd be happy for you to sandwich yourself in! :lol:

That Sounds like bull**** to me !!!

Ok yes it is, but might be good for future reference and organising a cruise

Make sure you do the Brecon national park for driving roads, and if your south then st David's or the Gower is great for staying.

A44 mate, it's fantastic! You pick it up right by my house just outside of Worcester then follow the long windy mountainous road all the way to Borth on the coast. There's a few great straights for opening up the throttle a wee bit too. ;-)

The A5 is awesome and it's 2 mins from my door :) Drop me a line if you come past Shrewsbury!

My chosen route when travelling to N.Wales M5 to Jctn 6, A449 passed DG and on to kiddie A442 to Bridgnorth A458 to Shrewsbury then A5 (stay on all the way into deepest N Wales nr the triangle or A483 towards Chester then off onto the A55 coast road into N Wales.

Other than that A40 out of your place and head to Breacon and catch the A470 goes the length of Wales and you should find all types of driving on that.