timthetinyhorse

more of the storm red VR6

yeah i was talking to matt dixson the other day, was out at a bit of a meet we had at the old focus in cramlington, was asking if id seen another red VR6 knocking about blyth, then the second he said rob..., i clicked haha, small world.

yeah i dont blame you, ever since mine went off the road in jan, ive wanted it back on the road for nights like this/sunny days. personally i would get the head skimmed, for the sake of £40 and knowing your not going to have a problem its worth it rather than taking a chance and hoping its fine when you turn the key, i wouldnt like to do all that work then have to re do it all again. not worth the risk, even though the leak was slight.

So it's been a very long while so it's time for an update, so I had the head pressure tested and it came back that the head was cracked between two of the intake ports and was beyond repair, I came very very close to breaking the car but as its in such good condition I just couldn't do it,

I now have a head all be it a OBD2 off a 2.8 so that's waiting to be tested so today I decided to show the car a little love with a pointed lower intake mani and belt tensioner.......might as well stick some before and after pics up too :-)

Before

null_zps33e7a30c.jpg

null_zps62f7c09d.jpg

After

null_zps24d26455.jpg

null_zps73890153.jpg

Hopefully there will be more progress very soon.

Rob

Thanks for all the support guys, going to try fit the head today and set the timing....only problem I have is no pully marks and also with the gearbox plug taken out I can't see the flywheel so I have no real way of making sure that e engine is at TDC other than what I can see I.e. the cylinder position on the block.