nipper09

temp gauge!!

hi all

a bit confusing to me but here goes. cooling system question

my 94k fvwsh "storm" temp gauge shows 110 112 degrees all the time.

ive just had it plugged in on a laptop thru the obd and it was running and showing 112degrees on the temp gauge

the laptop was showing a constant 95.2 degrees any more and the fan would kick in for about 20secs

the guy said the gauge is reading high. i tend to agree

is this a coommon fault? do you all agree with above? any other help advice would be super grateful

cheers paul

Same as mine, but I not changed anything yet, started after fitting the new aux pump

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Maybe a new temp sensor should bring it more to real temps

hi mate yep i done this and its running spot on

cheers paul

i think the temp gauge in the obd refers to the water temp and will likely show about 10C higher than the gauge. The gauge is not too accurate though.

The ECU gets its temperature reading from the blue sender, which is what you're reading with Vag-com. The coolant temperature gauge is run off half of the yellow sender (the other half activates the 3rd fan speed when necessary) but be aware its colour changed to blue/black when VW last updated it.

Across three different senders my gauge has consistently reported between 10º and 40º lower than the blue sender, so take the reading with a pinch of salt ;)

Stone

I've changed my blue temp sensor but no joy. the yellow one seems to control the needle on the clocks when I bridge the pins on it. will changing this affect the reading on the dash?

I'm thinking to change the clocks as my oil temp reads 140 degrees at times (which can't be right as my engine would be seized)

I've changed my blue temp sensor but no joy. the yellow one seems to control the needle on the clocks when I bridge the pins on it. will changing this affect the reading on the dash?

I'm thinking to change the clocks as my oil temp reads 140 degrees at times (which can't be right as my engine would be seized)

the only problem with changhing the clocks is are they working properly? and its a bloody difficult job!

i would just start with changing your yellow sensor they aint much to buy

cheers paul