VR6

BBS RM ... why so expensive?

Mine are reps and i've been more then happy with them cost around £600 with tyres and have not suffered any ill effects after 8 months of use. Originals would be great but without having them refurbished most sets are looking tired now. Was offered a set of originals for £900, though they needed refurbishing.

Not knocking anyone who spends more on wheels then the car is worth, but personally i'd be gutted if i curbed a set of £1500 alloys!!

photosja.jpg

Cheers (again) Redfox, a useful insight. I would definitely go 15's on the Golf. From what I've ready, I think 7's and 8's are best for the Golf in terms of looks without compromising handling/having rubbing issues.

iR6 - what makes are those? And where did you get them from? They look pretty damn good actually.

8s! They wreck a MK2s handling mate. Trust me, on your roads, stick to 7s! Even they can increase tramlining dramatically if the ET is less than 30. MK2s are even more sensitive to wheel sizing than Corrados, believe it or not. My old 16V T was a real handful on 7x15s, but was sweet as a nut on the OE 14" Montreals.

I can understand the argument for poor handling and tramlining running too wide up front. I would never go more than 7 on the front for sure, but are 8's on the back really that bad? Hmm might want a re-think. I figured the 7/8 combo would handle pretty well.

Trust me, I'm not getting into all this 'stanced' malarky, I just want to fill the arches a bit more. I have the Evo for go, so I don't mind sacrificing a little bit of ride comfort on the Golf. If ride comfort was paramount I wouldn't bother with rims, I'd get some KW's or something instead.

Cheers (again) Redfox, a useful insight. I would definitely go 15's on the Golf. From what I've ready, I think 7's and 8's are best for the Golf in terms of looks without compromising handling/having rubbing issues.

iR6 - what makes are those? And where did you get them from? They look pretty damn good actually.

VR6 it was a little while ago that I ordered them but I'm pretty sure they were from the seller in the link below, mine where 8.5" x 17 with tyres and bbs caps. Wheel design looks the same though.

That and a coat of C5 and they should do you ok :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140820900435;jsessionid=C442D658FE9EC9E1A057F8246FD50E2C?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D140820900435%26_rdc%3D1#ht_4359wt_825

Edited by iR6