Nathan Harvey

Bloody laserline alarm!!

Well well, advice needed !!this morning she started fine drove to halfords picked up some spring compressors , go to leave turn key nothing !! check every fuse relay etc.. until i gave up rang rac good bloke tried allsorts even try to bypass alarm at the barrel . In the end i turn the key alarm sounds fob turns that off but i have to jump the starter from the battery . Car runs fine. Before the fob worked now it doesnt do cock all untill key is in the ignition and alarm is going off. Not even the closure or nothing the led on dash doesn't work anymore either. I think when the rac man tried to get the car going he might of disturbed the power to the alarm/immobilizer hence the fob not working now. I'm thinking just to remove the lot not bother with the alarm... hmmm just dont know does it cost much to remove the bloody thing ? Thanks in advance for any wise words Nath

I got 17 years out of my Laserline !

Luckily mine had a dash mounted bypass, I now have a Cobra fitted by Andy at trim wizard,very good quality,I was there when he stripped out all the wiring,filled a carrier bag up!

Have a look on the alarm fitters recommended thread,there not as expensive as you think

True , i've got the dash fob thingy aswell that only armed and disarmed sum thing stopped the starter getting the power from the alarm circuit. I've emailed andy at trim wizzard if he knows anyone up near me he can recomend. I've just read that entire post lol thats why i've emailed him.. There was one firm in lincoln near me mentioned by slimg60 i've pinged them aswell ... i still along the lines of removing it all together. If i have to drive all the way to trim wizzard for a decent job i'll take the hit . Cheers for the tip tho