Sign in to follow this  
Mike Edwards

Which is best - G60 or VR6???

Not one is 'better' than the other surely, just different, depends what your looking for I suppose and what suits each person. Theyr'e all Corrado's which is the main thing (group hug!) Well said 'andycowuk' by the way. I'd like a G60 or VR6, but i'd still want to keep my good ol' 16 valver too, more than happy with it, still a great drive and constantly surprising other things on the road...lovely! :D

no point spending all that on a VR either. buy a scooby and spend 60 quid on a bleed valve and beat the VR and G60 on straights and corners, more like leave the VR for dead

No point spending money on a VR6? Why stop there, why not say there's no point spending money on ANY Corrado, close the forum down and all buy Scoobies because they can leave a VR for dead?

K

if thats what you wanna do by all means. i have my corrado for a touch of class not for the pace. as this is a pace thread i feel my comments are appropriate.

you spend money on your car cos you want to or have to. that isn't the point. the point is if you want a fast car your starting in the wrong place. a heavy FWD car aint the way to go

.ive taken on VR corrados and there aint much in it betwen the the G60 and the VR of course mine aint standard. some ive lost some ive won.

i can take on any of the scoobies around here that i know some mega modded some not so megga modded and i wont beat any of um. thats PACE not CLASS its PACE.

im sorry but there aint no way a VR or G60 with a few mods doing maybe 270hp if its lucky is gonna see off a 360hp scooby. it isn't happening.

Gazza,

I think Kev's point was that he'd prefer to have the VR and spend money on that (Class as you put it :)).

I don't think he was saying he wants a Corrado that will see off 360bhp Scoobies.

Maybe it's just me, but I see the C as a car that everyone, from a poor student to a millionaire, would own. Ok, so the millionaire would probably have a few more expensive cars as well ;)

No the original thread was by Mike Edwards kindly sharing some of his extensive knowledge with us, namely a back-to-back comparison of G60s and VR6s. I don't recall him mentioning Subaru Imprezas.

Why are you even comparing a Rally car to a FWD hatchback anyway? I've got regular access to a P1 and a 2000 WRX, so I know exactly what they're capable of but that's what they're were designed to do.

I agree with Mike's second post. A schrick equipped VR will keep up with a 2000 WRX and I have 'real world' experiments to back that up. Namely myself, my Cupra R driving mate and my WRX driving mate having friendly battles on a regular basis. There's nothing in it between Cupra R and VR6 (std) but the WRX has the edge on acceleration, but all 3 are even in the mid-range and top end. Slap a shrick on the VR and the margins become narrower still and beating the Cupra R quite convincingly in the midrange.

If you really must discuss pace, then there are 100s of other cars out there that make Subarus look like Scalextric cars driving through treacle.

Cheers Kev - things seemed to be getting a little heated...

BTW, have you ever tried a rally tuned Lotus Sunbeam? Wheelspin in the 1st 4 gears on tarmac despite reving it to the redline in each gear! :shock: