Andy_Polo

Blowers only working on number 4 (Early model)

Hi guys, im having issues with the blowers on my j reg valver.

Tried searching on here for fixes but can only find info on the later models.

Basically the blower only works on number 4. I get warm and cool air no problem its just the speed im having issues with.

Im new to Corrados so apologise if theres a simple fix for this that im missing!

Its the thermo fuse in your blower motor itself.

Remove the lower panels from under teh glove box in passengers footwell and you will a box on the far left at the end of the tunnels that carry the air. Remove the bottom of it and the blower motor will pull down.

There is a small resistor in there that needs removing and replacing. You can get them from Maplins. Just takes about 15 minutes and a bit of soldering to fix!

There is a guide here or on the wiki somewhere that will explain with pictures :)

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Infact - look at the stickys in this forum. 3 Posts up from this infact, at time of writing.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?47180-Heater-Only-Working-On-4-Try-This

Ive just had the pleasure of doing this..

The wiki on here is spot on, fuse costs less than a quid from maplins.

you twist the motor out, not pull, I have also just done this, but i think the thermo fuse blew for a reason because my motor is sticking and squeeling now. so have to get an entire unit.

You can get a motor from veedubmachine (also on ebay) for just over 30 quid. Its a pattern part and doesn't come with the thermal fuse

Motor - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-MOTOR-NEW-FOR-VW-GOLF-MK2-CORRADO-JETTA-gti-cl-vr6-gtd-driver-16v-8v-etc-/390453008686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5ae8d0192e#ht_2523wt_986

You can get a motor from veedubmachine (also on ebay) for just over 30 quid. Its a pattern part and doesn't come with the thermal fuse

Motor - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-MOTOR-NEW-FOR-VW-GOLF-MK2-CORRADO-JETTA-gti-cl-vr6-gtd-driver-16v-8v-etc-/390453008686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5ae8d0192e#ht_2523wt_986

Buy one from him like I did, then replace it in two years when it goes wrong,with a genuine one !

Or I was just unlucky

That is unfortunate.. Are genuine ones still available from VW?

They are from ARZ i believe..