borders16v

195/50/15 ToyoTyres for £29.89 !

I was running these on the 8v before I replaced the wheels with 16 inchers.

They weren't bad at all. The steering was vague (to say the least) due to worn parts, but that aside I found them to be a very good compromise between all round grip and durability. I would certainly have them again. Especially at that price.

Uniroyal rainsport 2 at £35 get good reviews and Kumho KH31 at £39 are very good. I run KH31 on the daily and KU31 on the VR6. can't fault them.

Hooray for Camskill.

Edited by James.

I think someone has made a mistake with the price (probably should be 49 not 29). Look at their prices for all other variants of Toyo Proxe T1R15'' tyres. The last time I took advantage of such a 'good offer' I had several weeks of emails trying to get me to pay the proper price, non delivery, and after about 3 weeks finally had my credit card refunded.

You may get lucky but if lots of people suddenly order they'll soon spot the mistake.

i was about to say similar to James, the Toyo's are alright and certainly better than a standard ditchfinder for the money.

Uniroyals would be a much better choice for an extra £20 I reckon. I'm tempted to pick up a spare set at that price.

excellent price if that's fitted, i could do them @ £28.20 inc vat delivered

thats not even including delivery let alone fitting.. £131.52 delivered. making your price very good!

I would go for a set at that price!

Hmm, I need to get two front tyres as it was outlined on my MOT yesterday.

Wanted to buy 2x Continental Premium 2's for around £135 (fitted) but if I can get for the same price all 4 tyres (Toyo's), would that not be a better way of tackling my wheels? If so I will be ordering them later on today propably... just can't get my head round tyres to be honest. I use my Corrado as a full daily driver.. commute to work, and also work related... so I do drive quite a lot.

sadly not in 205 as i'd buy some.

event tyres are doing some good deals recently.....

i bought a couple of mitch for the audi last month and got £60 in sainsburys vouchers back....

looks like this month it's dunlop and goodyear £40 tesco fuel / food voucher with the purchace.

Out of interest how much would you do Proxes T1Rs in 195/45/16 for? Just ordered a couple at £70ea fitted (with tracking and alignment done) but nice to keep it in the family where possible :)

Wanted to buy 2x Continental Premium 2's for around £135 (fitted) but if I can get for the same price all 4 tyres (Toyo's), would that not be a better way of tackling my wheels? If so I will be ordering them later on today propably... just can't get my head round tyres to be honest. I use my Corrado as a full daily driver.. commute to work, and also work related... so I do drive quite a lot.

I've found the T1Rs to be excellent compared to the boat-anchors that were on there before (215/40/17s! Urgh) and mine's a daily. Only got three months out of the last one due to tracking problems though :(

Stone

Are these any good when it gets to wet or cold weather? Or are they just a good sticky dry tyre?

Crap in the wet. If wet weather performance concerns you then avoid them!

And I can give a thumbs up for dealing with mr.lobitos - he sorted me out with some Uniroyal Rainsport2's a few weeks back at a great price and with prompt postage.

And I can give a thumbs up for dealing with mr.lobitos - he sorted me out with some Uniroyal Rainsport2's a few weeks back at a great price and with prompt postage.

I'm thinking of putting the same Uniroyals on my daily, how are you finding them Jim?

Ian.

I've run both on the Corrado, and also run the Toyos on a MK2 Golf. The Toyos are a good middle-of-the-range tyre - not earth shattering but they do a decent job.

The Contis are in a different class though. They even improved the ride, probably as the Premiums have a relatively soft side wall.

I'm thinking of putting the same Uniroyals on my daily, how are you finding them Jim?

Ian.

I think Rainsport2's are some of the best all round tyres you can get for the money. I've had Rainsports on two of my Corrado's over the years and they're just a great package and well priced. Wet weather performance on them is really impressive even in heavy rain.

I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

So after a bit of research and a lot of feedback from you guys decided to go with Uniroyals RainSport 2.

Toyos, seemed very good on price, but rang two different tyre places and both said they are bad when it's wet! Which is strange as advert for them describe them as very good when wet... anyhow I've gone for Uniroyals and the time will tell. thanks for help.

Cheers Jim,

Had a feeling that was the case, hence asking. What sort of money are Uniroyals then guys?