Jim Bowen

Iphone 4S vs Iphone 4 & Galaxy S2

That was such a stupid mistake to make - not sure what they were thinking. I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the best cameras on any smart phone out there.. well apart from the 41MP one on their PureView 808 handset! :)

mate there is only one choice right now, the S3!

It's looking that way isn't it. If the only difference between the IP5 and the 4 is a slightly bigger screen and faster processing, they've lost my business.

Only thing is, I don't really want the paving slab sized S3 either.

I have iPhone 4 (my own) and Samsung Galaxy S2 (work)... and tbh they are all the same. Don't really have any problems with any of them. Regardless screen size and hardware used... they just do what I need them to do, phone calls, texts, emails, occasional Google Maps, Sat Nav functionality or Angry Birds session.

If you use iTunes to manage your music (and you have extensive music library) go with iPhone if you want more flexibility go with Samsung.

Do remember, you are getting new phone only temporarily. After a year or two, you gonna get a new one anyway. Be it iPhone7 or Samsung Galaxy S7... no difference.

One thing I've noticed is that Samsung Galaxy S3 (tested in shop) have amazing onscreen keyboard... which is two times better than my old iPhone4 (maybe iPhone 4S have it improved - i don't know).

To sum up I like my iPhone a lot, thought my next phone will most likely be Android based rather than Apple.

If you use iTunes to manage your music (and you have extensive music library) go with iPhone

That'll be me then! My itunes library is nearly 3TB, so I've kind of entwined myself into Apple world really!!

Doesn't mean I have to use an iPhone though. I can downgrade to an iPod and still get a Lumia or S3 or something :D

One question though, are the apps available for the iPhone also available for Android? I've got a remote control app for my Yamaha AV amp and if that's available on other phones, then the iPhone could be history :D

I can see an app called av controller made by yamaha on the Google play store, that the one Kev? I'm trying to link you but can't from the app.

Search android store and then yamaha av within it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looking into an S3 now, change my mind daily.

Thinking of keeping my contract and buying the phone, contract is less than £12 a month atm

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:37 PM ----------

Orange confuse me and i think i catch them out sometimes.

I can either have an S3 & contract over 24months for £682 or £984 total cost.

That's the one Fanjita, cheers mate :D

OK, well having seen the iPhone 5, I am sticking with my iPhone 4!! I did however get myself off my expensive O2 35 iPhone tariff last night (£35 month, 600 mins, some texts, 500mb data) and onto their On & On for £20 a month. Unlimited calls and texts, 1GB and I can upgrade after 6 months. So more for a lot less!

Yes I agree Mr 3 courses of Corsa. I was staring at the Vodafone, O2, Orange and T mobile tariffs for ages last night trying to make sense of it all.

Orange have the best coverage and they have 3G where I live, but they are expensive. I did want to go with them as they have 4G and you can jack onto T Mobile's network too, but to be fair, you can only get it in selected cities only. So I reckon it will be a good few years yet before the the whole country gets it. Makes me laugh. 80 countries have 4G already, but not us. It's pathetic. We are supposed to be the financial centre of the globe and be bang up to date.

T Mobile are cheap, but have no coverage and their service is appalling. They've been fobbing my missus off since Aug 31 when she ordered her iPhone 4, so she's currently phone less as her old contract expired last week.

Vodafone have little coverage and expensive

O2 seemed to be the winners for me. To be fair, I've never had a single problem with them. I've been with all 4 networks over the years and they've been the best by far.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I recently switched to a SIM only deal with Three.

12 month contract.. £10 a month for 300 minutes / 3000 texts / 1GB internet. The extra bonus was I got £100 cash back through QuidCo so it's costing me £20 for a years mobile phone contract. Leaving me free to go and buy a SIM-free handset whenever I want :)

Ive been with orange for years due to a signal which o2 failed at and b the awsome next day insurance as i break phones...alot ,plus if your lass is on magic numbers too its a god send as you dont get the nasty bill when she calls you to talk bollox for an hour :lol:

I recently switched to a SIM only deal with Three.

12 month contract.. £10 a month for 300 minutes / 3000 texts / 1GB internet. The extra bonus was I got £100 cash back through QuidCo so it's costing me £20 for a years mobile phone contract. Leaving me free to go and buy a SIM-free handset whenever I want :)

That's who my missus was with. They wouldn't give her a PAC code to port her number across to T Mobile and cut her off 2 days early. Utter wayne kerrs.

But £20. For a year.

I'll live with slightly poop customer service for that price.

I've actually been really surprised at how good the service is in terms of signal strength, etc. I get HSPA available far more than I ever did with Vodafone... they sucked! :|

No arguments re Vodafone from me!!

Been chatting to some Apple fanboys around the office today and they're all extremely underwhelmed by the iPhone 5.

Let's see what the Lumia 920 is like. Could be a viable alternative if it's any good!

I was tempted too Kev but the app front is very far behind android and apple :-( on windows phone

Ive been due an upgrade for 2 years now as ive stuck with my iPhone 3gs. Rather disappointed by the ip5 but on apples web it does look lovely and very well constructed. As said im sort of sucked into apple as i have an ipad and sync my apps and also photos taken go straight to icloud to view on my ipad etc.

My mate has a htc one x and it is awesome, the screen is so clear, the camera is fantastic and the phone is a joy to hold. Im torn between that and the new iphone. it does just seem like someone has stretch a 4s and said that will do for this year. Id have liked the screen to be a tad wider to not make it look so tall and narrow?

then theres the samsung s3 to throw in the mix? i hate to follow the crowd but its just easier to stay with apple than changing all new bits to an android phone?

I will say one thing Craig, the new iphone has a completely different connector. Any docks you have for your older iphone are now redundant.

I will say one thing Craig, the new iphone has a completely different connector. Any docks you have for your older iphone are now redundant.

Ha the ****ers are still on the hunt for more cash, every other single phone on the planet has a universal connector and fagapple have to do that,shame the rest of the phone wasnt unique to match

Edited by corrado_sunderland

With the connector, I'm sure there will be an adapter that will convert it for you - but I agree, that is a really epic fail - to change it in first place.

My GF have iPhone 3GS and the difference between 3GS and my iPhone 4 is massive. I seriously mean it. Screen brightness, responsiveness, etc... it's just a completely different league.

Now, leaving all haters and fanboys aside. There is nothing wrong with iPhone whatsoever! It's just a well designed phone that does what you need it to do. It's also extremely well build! It does not however come with the "top of the range" hardware. It does not have a memory slot aka SD and it also is quite locked down.

I think for less techy people iPhone is a godsend... basically works out of the box, and is very easy to use. Switching to Android is not complicated but it require a little bit of commitment and research, as not everything will be "obvious".

Android phones for a change are offering a lot of "geeky" stuff. SD cards compatibility, replaceable batteries, better hardware and generally offer more flexibility.

Reason I've gone for iPhone 4 cause it was the best deal at the time. But what is really annoying me is that if I go to a friend and he has this great tune... I cannot just copy it onto my iPhone as it requires iTunes.... and not just any iTunes, it has to be the one on my main PC. It's really annoying and this is the only reason I will be choosing Android based phone next time (ideally with physical qwerty keyboard built in).

For all the people making choices. I will say that again... it make no difference what phone you will choose now. In 12 months it will be already out of date! Just go to the shop, find best deal on minutes, texts and Internet. Then play with all the phones and select best one you like. There are no bad choices nowadays each phone will do the same job really!