Jim Bowen

Iphone 4S vs Iphone 4 & Galaxy S2

You jest but people will want 'retro' phones again when they get sick to death of the stupid little cliquey in-fighting about who has the gayest smart phone.....

Not that many argue about phones at all,its the apple cult that annoys people no other brand, just like id call someone a dick who paid the same price as i did or more for any other electrical product i had that wasnt as good just for poser rights.They were good on their day but have got gradually crapper and kept the big price tag,id never bicker with a m8 who had other brands as they are lower tier really bar the htc

Is that a true comparison? Ok the i have the GS2 not 3, but the camera is pretty damn good and not dark. Makes me think the settings on the others arent the same as the Lumia

Edited by Critical_Mass

This are low light shots (without the flash!). That is why they seem "dark". Normally, flash would kick-in but it was specifically disabled to test how good the sensor and camera brains is when taking pictures when there is not enough light available.

Settings are not the same... but setting was left on "auto" to make sure the camera will apply correct setting to light conditions. I bet if you would change settings manually then all pictures would be similar.

Hmmmm, I'm rather taken by the 920 at the moment and a decent camera is certainly helping my decision :D

Seems that Lumia's camera (low light) is not only fantastic on the tv ads - but in the real world too. Quite impressed so far, check this out:

lead-comp.jpg

... and source to full article: http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/26/lumia-920-low-light-shootout/

that test proves nowt really, photographers use flash for a reason, so in a dark area the picture should be dark otherwise the colors in the picture will not be natural,the cameras should be tested a daytime best and with flash assisting in dark conditions