VR-Sixy

Headlamp disassembly

Are you able to remove/replace the reflective silver surrounds on the inside of a headlamp? Just noticed there's

'bald patch' on my passenger side headlamp and i have a spare that i know is perfect and i'd like to do a quick

swap.

Totally au fait with removing the headlamp unit itself and removing the glass, but i've never looked at the

silver reflective innards of the headlamp.

Cheers :)

The adjustment assumes the reflector isn't rigidly fixed to the housing, so in theory it should come out. But knowing VW, attempting to remove it will no doubt break something!!

The adjustment assumes the reflector isn't rigidly fixed to the housing, so in theory it should come out. But knowing VW, attempting to remove it will no doubt break something!!
Great, Smashing, Thanks!! LOLZ!! Y'know what, you're probably right!! Arrrggghhh.

My reflectors went yellow a few years ago and I looked at removing them, but I couldn't see how to get them out without breaking something, so gave up and chucked them.

One thing's for sure, new headlights are night / day better! If a tad expensive!

My reflectors went yellow a few years ago and I looked at removing them, but I couldn't see how to get them out without breaking something, so gave up and chucked them.

One thing's for sure, new headlights are night / day better! If a tad expensive!

I've just replaced the N/S unit and i didn't notice the yellow part on the reflector until i'd put the bloody thing in!! The one i took off was perfect but was missing the connectors that screw onto the slam panel, so i might just try and make one good one out of the two. Lucky i didn't lob the unit i took off!! :bonk:

Tried getting the reflector housings out when I wet sanded my headlights last, I was curious - they're a b*tch to get out good luck! I'm pretty sure they will come out, getting them out without damaging them is a different story all together

They do come out ok just be gentle, if I remember correctly, you have to poke a screwdriver down somewhere and push a barb back,

There was also a thread a while back to a link for a place that can re-do the reflective silver stuff.

Wimps its easy long flat head screw driver and unclip the adjusters from the inside of the light and the whole plastic part should pull away from the reflector easy

Wimps its easy long flat head screw driver and unclip the adjusters from the inside of the light and the whole plastic part should pull away from the reflector easy

Easy when you know how, thanks! :thumbleft: