matt hamer

Turbocharging my corrado

Hi can anyone help I'm trying to turbo my 1.816v kr engine I've made the manifold an removed a turbo off a 20v lump I'm thinking of using the injecters from it as well could I use the inlet off my 16v or would I need something else someone said use a Audi s2 inlet an cut it down dose anyone known anything about this thanks

Yeah could do but that seems like the thing to do I'd like something bit difarent pluse I like a challenge call me crazy

---------- Post added at 8:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:46 AM ----------

I've seen the t3 turbo kits you can buy looks like you can get everything but the inlet manifold the 20v lump I've got is out the passat so the inlet manifold would be stuck right out in the slam panel I could cut the inlet down wouldnt look very nice or fined one from a golf or Audi has anyone got one spare ? What I'd really like is if I could use the 16v inlet but how do I get the injecters from the 20v to fit has anyone done this ? The fuel rail would be in the way also I could make the throttle body fit off the 20v any ideas thanks

Sorry - I know it's not what you wanna hear, but even Stealth Racing suggest that it isn't worth the aggro of turbo'ing the old KR engine and just sticking a complete 20vT in... just far less hassle and will cost you less in the long run.

Yeah ok but really would like to do this I know it's much easier to just fit the 20vt but I'm just trying something difarent I know its can be done just looking for some tips an to see if anyone has done this befor on the corrado forum

---------- Post added at 9:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 AM ----------

Plus I've compleatly rebuilt the kr engine ported an decompresson plate made turbo manifold just need ideas for inlet any ideas ???? Thanks

Have a look through the members gallery,Destructive Dave runs something similar to what you want !

That'll be me!!! (thanks Bryan)

My conversion is a mixture of S2 and custom parts. Inlet & exhaust manifolds are S2 with 5th runner chopped off. Fuel rail is 1.8T and managed to get hold of a Golf G60 intercooler. Have you thought what management system you will run? That, apart from the exhaust down pipe and boost run, is the only expensive part.

I do however agree with Jim and Stealth's assessment that 1.8T is much less complicated, but I wanted to do a conversion that was of the time of the car. Also, when I last went to shows I frankly got bored of the lines of Mk2 Golfs all running identical 1.8T conversions. Part of my love of cars is the tinkering otherwise I would just buy a Focus!!

hi Dave you sound like the man i need to speak to about this yes i'm much the same ive seen the 20vt done a lot so i'd like to tackle the 16v conversion i have most of the parts needed to do this exhaust down pipe isn't a problem ill just make this its just the inlet manifold i was thinking of chopping the 16v manifold to extend where the injectors would sit i have some spare for doner's this should make some room to fit the 20v fuel rail behind and then bore out the injector hole an make a adapting plate so as i can use the throttle body off the 20v as well the reason id like to do this is because i haven't see this done before do you think i'm wasting my time ? or should i just go for a s2 could i ask what steps you went through with you conversion? thanks

If you are still after a Inlet manifold I have a audi s2 part already been modded to fit any 16v engine. I think I have a fuel rail to match too.

Inbox me if you are interested :thumbleft: