Johnny H

Why isn't picking wheels easy??

Hi guys.

I'm going to start looking for some new wheels soon and I'm finding it really hard.

I'm always looking at wheels (as you doing) but I'll be ready to buy some in the next month.

I've got about £1000-£1100 to spend including tires.

I really like Schmidt Modern Lines but I want 7.5" alround and all 2nd hand ones are 7.5 & 9".

And you've got to be a fan of bbs aswell.

Do I buy new or wait for 2nd hand mint ones to come along.

Life is never easy lol.

Johnny.

Know what you mean, I've gone for 17" speedlines which are the oem wheel, because of the look I wanted, but to be honest there's just so much choice.

If you like the euro Ps then also The Ronal turbo or aeros would be similar genre, or there's 5, 6 or multi spoke.

If you want performance wheels ie lightweight then stuff like rota or team dynamics would be what I would look for.

Love those wheels. Bit too wide for my liking though and I've only ever seen them on one Corrado.

BBS' are a wonderful wheel but a bitch to keep clean. I opted for Borbet C's on the 8v. Period wheel and easy to maintain on a daily. I passed up a set of Nothelles which I should really have bought.

Decision wise, it's up to you though. Don't rush in, trawl the websites and see what floats your boat.

If I remember later on, I'll jump on the mac and photoshop something up.

Edited by James.

That would be great thanks James.

Yeah I've got to look really hard and keep looking.

I think it's a big deal buying wheels so I don't want to rush.

If I was going to go larger than standard it would have to be 16/17" Speedlines..or maybe the BBS Multi spokes, but as already stated they are terribly fiddly to clean (had the Xspoke style RC041s 17" on my E36 Beemer Vert), which puts me off having them again

Edited by Billzeebub

I find it very easy for a VR6.... Solitudes, Speedlines or Brands Hatch. I doubt I'll ever stick aftermarket wheels on my car! :)

So do BBS RS come in 16"?? if so does anyone know how much they go for?

I do really like the look of them.

So many wheels to choose from.

Edited by Johnny H

got some new TSW brochures yesterday, like the look of " tsw valencia", have a look , could probably get a deal sorted

There not to bad, very rx2 looking.

Maybe.

What size are they mate??

16x8 all round, just about to write up the advert so it'll have the details in there

Hi Johnny,

How about some 17" BBS RK split rims like on mine :thumbleft:

Yeah they are nice mate but I want 16" on mine.

Been looking at 2 sets of wheels which are nice.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/16_Inch_Dare_DR-RS-CR_Alloy_Wheels__3237

And

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=12830;wheel=lenso_bsx_ss;dia=16;width=7.50l7.50;et=;cat=

I know they look the same but 1 is 7.5" and the other is 8".

Just an idea at the mo.

If you want 7.5 x 16 go for lenso bsx. They do that size for about £500. Have a look at my pic left and more in profile for an idea. Mine are Dare Dr Rs. They are 8x16 but exactly the same design.

BBS RS 16's will set you back big money. From £1000 in bad condition up to £3000 in show condition.

That's why I think these are just the job. Lol.

Those new P slots are pretty nice but need to be staggered really and bigger widths. Personally i would choose what diameter and what widths you would want, if you want to go staggered and think of the arch work you may need. Answers to these questions will at least narrow down the models of wheels available. Then all you need to do is think of what weight wheels you want to go for, large diameter heavy wheels feel ****e for handling, a diameter the size of wheel you are use to that is heavy will still feel a bit ****e but if you get a lighter wheel with the same diameter your used to it feels awesome.

for me i got a set of 4x100, 15" oz turbo split rims. 8" on the front and 10" at the fat end :)