scorrado123

VR6 Baby seat help!

Hi all,

Just wondering what recommendations you might have when it comes to baby seats?

We have a 3 month old and the car seat we use in the Golf (Mamas and Papas) seemed to be sliding a bit upright when I tried it in the front seat (leather) of the VR6 (rear facing). Any recommendations for position of the seat and also any particular seat??

Cheers!

Our wee boy is 6 months and I fit his seat (maxi cosi) in the front no problem, however there is no way it would go in the back :)

Our wee boy is 6 months and I fit his seat (maxi cosi) in the front no problem, however there is no way it would go in the back :)

Nice one. Does it move on the leather at all? And I take it rear facing??

Sits fine on the leather, and once the seatbelt is secure, there is no sliding, only got him in with me just now as the missus is changing cars and we're waiting on a number plate swap for her new toy , then it's car seat no more for the Corrado :)

Great stuff! Looks like I might have to have a play with a maxi cosi! Do you know what the model name of the seat is?

Great stuff! Looks like I might have to have a play with a maxi cosi! Do you know what the model name of the seat is?

LOL ............. Not got a clue of name or model, what i'll do is get the info tomorrow and a wee pic to let you see how it sits, before you go buying anything :)

We bought the Maxi Cosi Tobi as my partner had read that it was one of the safest seats at the time of buying. I remember fitting it in the back of the Corrado as well.

I tried the seat we have in the back, but because of the way the rear bench slopes back, the wee man was hanging out :lol: , possibly because it was rear facing, as i'm sure a forward facing seat would have been fine. Either that or i'm just rubbish at fitting it in :lol:

Had 3 Maxi Cosis in mine. All fit no problem in the rear bench.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ie-en/products/car-seats/baby/cabriofix.aspx

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ie-en/products/car-seats/toddler/priori-xp.aspx

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ie-en/products/car-seats/child/rodi-airprotect.aspx

Never had a problem with the two (4 and 18 months) in the back at the same time! Proves the C can be a family car!

I had another go with our seat yesterday eve (which is a mamas and papas primo viaggo ip). After reading around I tried it with a towel underneath which has the double benefit of keeping the seat more firmly positioned as well as protecting the leather. Front seat rear facing with the seat all the way back and a good degree of recline. (No one will get in behind!)

The whole thing seemed a lot better positioned :smug: but sadly I wasnt able to get it out for a spin with the little one in it but will hopefully do so in the next couple of days!