Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

My modded '95 VR6, now replaced, RX-8 231

What you really want is a set of refurbed OZ Polaris.

No thanks, im happy with my speedlines. :)

quikstu, its a Kamei eyebrow spoiler (possibly a replica, was on the car when I got it). I think you can get similar from gsf for about £25. The grill is an FK one and I think there normally about £80.

You going to Kames end of the month? There will likely be a convoy heading from Glasgow if your interested.

Did you pursue the wheels in the end? I think the OZs looked good.

Your car is one in particular I've been following as you've done it the same way I do, functional mods first, looks second.

You got some good power and torque in the end, hopefully mine's kicking out the same. What's the "Lasted 5 days, now 0 bhp" bit about? Has it blown?

Stuck with the speedlines in the end as it drives so well with them on and I go through tyres pretty quick, so im better off with 15"s.

Heres the most recent power graph from Star P, drove fantastic for the 5 days it was running but then it died at Oulton Park on the 12th, something gone wrong with the bottom end, only part of the engine untouched. :(

Cars at Awesome GTI at the moment as I didnt have any breakdown recovery so couldnt get it back to Scotland. Waiting patiently for them to take a look. :roll:

Agreed on the 15s, although you'd be surprised what a set of light weight of 17s can do for the handling :)

That's a bummer about the engine :( Hope it's not too drastic.

Interesting torque plot.... there's a curious dip at 2000 rpm and the usual 4000rpm switch over trough is tiny on yours! I think that's the cams tbh....

So yeah, after the engine blowing ive kinda gone quiter on the forum since, it cost me a fair bit to get fixed and since then I dont think ive ever been as enthusiastic about the car. Dont get me wrong, it was great again once the engine was replaced but id just lost interest. Cams, schrick and quaiffed gearbox were all sold over the last few years and now 5 minutes ago, the vr6 drove off from my house for the last time with its new owner who is a forum member and im sure will look after it.

Now, for the first time since January 2001, im Corrado, and car less. :( :(

Never mind, I should be picking up the replacement over the weekend, ill put a few pics up of it once shes arrived. :)

Some pics of the new car. 8)

Id say its a bit quicker on the straights than the vr was when it had the cams and stuff, but grips way more. Havent found the limits yet. Also very comfortable for cruising along the road, probably worse for road noise than the vr though.

Love the RX8 mate!

Just a shame about the engine noise or I would have had one by now myself :grin:

I didnt think they were quicker than the VR but the steering feel and handling was sublime 8)

It takes a bit longer to wind up, but keep the revs high and looking at the speedo its definately quicker. Doesnt neccessarily feel it though.