Sign in to follow this  
Talc

autotrader ad...

1996 N Reg Volkswagen Corrado VR6

Satin Black, 41,000 miles , 3 Doors. Full Service History. Air Conditioning. Leather. Elctric Windows, Sunroof and Mirrors. Central Locking. Power Steering. Anti-Lock Brakes. Stereo. Alloys. £9,495.

AutotekDealer's Website Dealer's Location Tel: (01483) 811027

Distance: 12 miles

Price: £9,495

WTF how much!!!

There are several on there from £6k up to £9.5k at the moment, it's mad but maybe VR6 prices are starting to appreciate, especially for low mileage well maintained examples.

Of course it all boils down to how much people are prepared to pay...

Thats nuts - I wouldnt pay £10k for a VR6.... there is alot of machinery that you can get for that money these days!!!

Yeah I saw that and almost choked. Crazy stuff. I was looking at paying £5.5-£6k tops for a decent one, but I may have to raise that a bit.

I guess it doesn't help that it's getting towards summer and people go 'ooh I think I'll change my car...'

Dont get me wrong but a VR6 is a great car but I'd never pay anymore than £5k for one.... if they were more expensive than that I would have bought something else.

£6k can now get you a FIAT Coupe 20V Turbo / Mitisubushi FTO GPX MIVEC / Etc.... both decent cars in there own right..

Also thinking the Corrado is now starting to look a little dated. :oops:

£6k can now get you a FIAT Coupe 20V Turbo / Mitisubushi FTO GPX MIVEC / Etc.... both decent cars in there own right..

Personally I wouldnt pay more than £5.5k now for a decent C and given a choice between late VR and those two - despite them being good cars - I'd still have the C :wink:

And as for them being dated? How dare you! :shock: :lol:

God what have I started now :p

To be honest having had Corrados now for nearly 5 years I reckon if had the choice would try something different... a FTO would be the first on my list in that price range....

If had a bit more to spend the Nissan 350Z or the new Alfa Romeo Coupe would get a look in :oops:

Dont get me wrong the VR6 is simply awesome but its not the only decent sports coupe for the money these days.... (Still wouldnt sell mine though ;) )

Dont get me wrong but a VR6 is a great car but I'd never pay anymore than £5k for one.... if they were more expensive than that I would have bought something else.

Scuse me - mitsubitchy is awful rice-mobil. In fact its one of the worst japcrap pseudo coupe's ever.

.............and the Fiat Pedigree is Panda, Bravo/Brava, stilo, tempra, Tipo Regatta, Marea. They really are the kings of crap cars.

As for dated, get a new dealer because that crap your smokin isn't good for you.

what about the GTO or 3000GTO twin turbo example? 8) wasn't the latter in conjuction with Dodge Viper to take on ferrari.

na think your getting mixed up with that they were sold under the dodge identity in the states

i think u should get a decent G60 and forget abt the rest :lol: :lol:

ducks for random gunfire

Scuse me - mitsubitchy is awful rice-mobil. In fact its one of the worst japcrap pseudo coupe's ever.

.............and the Fiat Pedigree is Panda, Bravo/Brava, stilo, tempra, Tipo Regatta, Marea. They really are the kings of crap cars.

As for dated, get a new dealer because that crap your smokin isn't good for you.

- Its my opinion and I dont care for your attitude much either - if you havent got an intelligent arguement then suggest you keep quiet. :-P

- Its my opinion and I dont care for your attitude much either - if you havent got an intelligent arguement then suggest you keep quiet. :-P

As you rightly say your entitled to you opinion and to express it. The above strongly represents my opinion. Sorry if it p1sses you off no attitude intended

I still think that a VR6 Corrado is one of the nicest cars you can get for under £10k and most certainly under £5k. The interior does show it's age, even when it was new, but it still looks great from the outside. If it really bothers you what it looks like, you can always put a TT dash in and mod the ouside ;)

I've always thought that the the Fiat Coupe hit too many branches on the ugly tree, even when it was first released and although the performance of the nutty Jap imports is great, they're pretty common and I'm not a big fan.

As far as I am concerned, the only other contender in the sub £10k price range is a similar vintage Lotus Elan.

However, if you start thinking about £10k-£15k cars, it all starts getting very interesting :D Lotus Carlton anyone? You can also get Boxsters, Chimeras, Elises and a whole host of older exotics for under £15k. Ahh I can but fantasise :D

There's even more low mileage VRs over £6k on there now including a blue storm with only 30k miles, 1 'club member' owner and they want £9995 for it!!! :shocked!:

Where have all these low mileage Corrados been hiding all these years? These cars were built to be driven, not kept tucked away in garages! :roll: :)

All of a sudden the cheapest on autotrader for a VR6 has shot up to 4.5K.......

great news for those of us already with them :lol:

Maybe this makes up for missing the boat on the housing ladder?

Maybe this makes up for missing the boat on the housing ladder?

Glad I got both then! :p :wink: :mrgreen:

No offence mate.. but f'k off! :p

:wink:

On a more serious note..I'm actually trying at the moment.. and it's scary!..

...look at what I can afford (with off-road parking of course) and they're all right next to scummy ex-estates with car carcases in the front lawns and the odd boarded up window... ...and thats for 170K+ plus..(in Guildford)..