Sign in to follow this  
Mo

Few MOD questions?

Hi yall......

Ive bought a K plate corrado, and its been sitting in my drive for ther last 4 months (waiting for insurance on my other car to run out). Its about time I done a few mods to the car as its totally standard. My first question is?

1. Where do I find a Bad Boy Bonnet extension?, as I dont want to purchase the eyelid.

2. I want to buy some phat rims, had a look around and I think I'll go for the flat look rims. Two companbies that do these rims are Centerline and Image. But their charging a packet. Does anyone know where to get cheaper imitations from?

3. last but least, the engine has been fitted with a stage 4 Jabba supercharger and a 68mm pully and chip by AMD (giving extra 20 bhp). Does anyone know what the car is pushing out in terms of BHP? If so whats the next step in terms of increasing the BHP, but at the sametime not creating a big whole in my pocket!!

If you know your stuff then please email me.

much apreciated lads...

welcome to the forum Mo :lol:

as for the bad-boy extension........i reckon it would be fair to say that 99% of this forum's users would advise you to forget about it.........IMHO the C doesnt really suit the bad-boy look and it totally spoils the lines

wheels at the end of the day you gets what you pays

and if you speak to darren aka g-man on here he'll be more than happy to help and advise

what colour is ya corrado mo?? any chance its white...where did ya buy it mate.

As for the bad boy extension..your kiddin right?? :shock:

Sanj.

The car is white, I bought it off a geezer in Coventry called Sat. Why may I ask? Is there some conspiracy going? dubbprince,

Mo, - welcome to the forum m8

Jabba stage 4's aren't all that much different to standard - your extra power will come from the smaller pulley & the new chip. Standard bhp is approx 160. So long as your car is in tip-top mechanical condition, the mods that you describe would maybe bring you upto approx 180bhp.

Body styling is all down to personal taste - so long as you like your car, that's what matters :wink:

Increasing BHP will create a hole in your pocket - power ain't cheap.

So what size pulley and chip would you recommend and by who? How much would this cost?

68mm pulleys seem to be the most popular & SNS chips are good too.

The facts regarding pulleys are that the smaller the pulley you have fitted, the more frequent charger rebuilds will become. The smaller pulleys make the charger spin faster, creating more boost but also wearing out the charger seals & bearings faster.

I have a R1 spec charger with a 65mm pulley - I'm planning to have the charger re-built every 30,000-35,000 miles. Darren g-man is the guy to talk to about prices - he has an excellent reputation too.

no conspsiracy mate...i knew it was that corrado though..practically mint. Sats a mate of mine you see and he told me you had some trouble after he sold it to you.

These guys on the forum will be able to point you in the right direction mate...good luck getting it right.

The car seems to be min very good nik. But when I bought the car, the connector to the fan wasnt connected. Therefore the car started to heat up. This happened 2-3 times on the way home. This could have messed up the car big time. But the cars running fine now. Until the next time!!!

Welcome to the forum MO :)

like stevemac said styling is upto you but IMO I'd rather not do anything to my car that has the words BAD BOY attached to it :roll:

68mm pulleys seem to be the most popular & SNS chips are good too.

The facts regarding pulleys are that the smaller the pulley you have fitted, the more frequent charger rebuilds will become. The smaller pulleys make the charger spin faster, creating more boost but also wearing out the charger seals & bearings faster.

I have a R1 spec charger with a 65mm pulley - I'm planning to have the charger re-built every 30,000-35,000 miles. Darren g-man is the guy to talk to about prices - he has an excellent reputation too.

Just to back up Darrens reputation...

My G60 has a Stage 4 upgraded charger, 68mm pulley, 5.5 SNS chip and 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator all supplied by Darren.

He's the man to contact :salute:

mo..i know mate..heard about it from sat.

Hope everythings runnin ok again...contact Darren for the charger mate..but didnt sat already service it? :wink:

welcome to the forum mate, as said above, "bad boy" and "Corrado" surely don't mix?!?!?!?

There are threads on flames out of exhausts, and Nova's if thats ya bag ;)

eyebrow spoiler suits the C much better than 'bod boy' extensions, a stright line above the lights makes it look just as mean as the \_______/ of a bad boy, but it just fits in with the lines of the car better.

eyebrow spoiler suits the C much better than 'bod boy' extensions, a stright line above the lights makes it look just as mean as the \_______/ of a bad boy, but it just fits in with the lines of the car better.

DavesC.jpg

Bad Boy kit on a Corrado, it should be made law that you cant distort perfection like that, theres a lad near me has one on his car and it looks crap, everyone on the estate round us agrees

**mod edit - de-capped** stevemac

BAD BOY KIT ON A CORRADO, IT SHOULD BE MADE LAW THAT YOU CANT DISTORT PERFECTION LIKE THAT, THERES A LAD NEAR ME HAS ONE ON HIS CAR AND IT LOOKS CRAP, EVERYONE ON THE ESTATE ROUND US AGREES

Here , here Fletcher, agree with you....'bad boy', 'phat' etc, on a C! :nono: Mo -Youl'l wake up one morning and find the mod justice police will have taken your C and replaced it with a Saxo or a Honda! Don't do it!

Mo,

In my opinion for what its worth, Bad boy = zitty 17 year old with Saxo. Please dont do it, the Corrado has class without it.

100% agree, I find the already mean looking front end on a Corrado one of the best features, along with the rear, the sides, top, underbody, interior, wing, wheels, boot.............sorry i'm getting carried away.

Beautifull enough already!

This is to kvwloon - read the message i left properly before leaving your messages, i was saying that i did not like the bad boy kits, read properly first

**mod edit - post de-capped** stevemac

Fletcher, Many thanks for your kind communications :D , I was agreeing with you, however I inadvertently said 'hear hear', instead of 'here here'. Thank you for rapidly bringing this to my notice via PM as well! I have amended my original post to clarify for all. LESS SHOUTING would be good.

Peace! :lol: