C-UNIT

Big intercooler bumper modification or not pls help!!

My dilema i have a 20vt in my raddo and a FMIC mounted infront of the radiator about 600 x 150 x 2.5" thick core

I have gone with the Cr turbo hybrid KO4 there top spec and JBS cast manifod not seeing full potential in need of a bigger cooler..has anyone done a custom fitt with something around size of 600 x 300 x 4" thick core nlet/outlets 3" the overall length may come to 700 in length ive seen some fitted with modded bumper where they have cut some of the rebar behind the bumper to get more room.

If you have modded your bumper and fitted a big fmic pls post! I am going to get some measurements done take that damm bumper off again fun times!!

If have a pic which i will post up soon of a raddo in the states..he cut the front lower grill out but also cut more out to allow the intercooler to sit lower exposed looks awesome!!

I think i wil need to cut few bits to allow room may be od a brackt to hang it of the slam panel.. will let you guys know how i get on!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69595[/ATTACH]

Personally this is looks amazing if you need to go big intercooler, i probably woouldnt cut that wide just where the cooler will sit and wont see the pipes finally spray black to blend in or grey i'm having my raddo sprayed space grey metallic after months and month of going mad on deciding this finally.

Thoughts opinions appreciated!

Here's a link to mine.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?20906-JMC-s-G60-Dash-tweaks-22-8/page17

In my opinion, if you're going after really big power then it's worth bothering doing this. If not then there is enough air getting in and around the engine bay without needing to resort to cutting things up. If you really need to cool things down then use a 70 degree thermostat - then your average running temps will be 20 degrees lower anyway.

I didn't need the cut the bumper iron or the body for the mounting of the intercooler as I just use a Golf G60 one. I cut up the bumper iron as I'd opened up where the number plate was and this gave a straight through access route to the intercooler.

Thank you some intresting ideas suggestions..think i need to get some measurements done and see what i can fit without too much cutting up i am aiming for max 300bhp so want something capable to handle that flow. will report back

Almost forgot has anyone used the plate and bar coolers in comparison to fin type i saw the mosihimoto universal coolers come with lifetime warrenty at affordable price

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto-universal-front-mount-intercooler-r-line-black.html