Lee Jones

New member from Yorkshire

Hi all, just registered as I am seriously interested in getting a VR6.

Have recently agreed the sale of my 24v converted BMW E30 and am looking for something mildly interesting to use as a daily that the wife can also enjoy driving (the RWD antics of the E30 scare her).

So just thought I'd say hi and have a browse about and pick up some useful info before buying a munter.

Ideally I'm after a well maintained original example rather than something that has been bruvv'd up.

I take it there is some sort of buying guide on here?

Cheers

Lee

Welcome along, try a search for the buyers guide, anything else just ask we're a friendly bunch :)

Cheers guys, found the buying guide.

Gaz, I'm in York.

This is my current daily

PhotoShoot6thFeb044.jpg

PhotoShoot6thFeb043.jpg

PhotoShoot6thFeb036.jpg

BettyBubba005.jpg

The wife's daily, it's currently rocking an ABF

BettyBubba013.jpg

So what's the real world experience with a VR6 as a daily?

What is the real world consumption around town, assuming i'll be giving it the odd clout here & there :-)

What do you need to spend to get a well looked after unmolested example?

Hi lee, welcome to the forum, excellent taste in cars mate :) i have (aswell as the vr6 corrado) an m52b28 converted f reg 325i cabrio :)

In my expereince the vr is a great everyday car, plenty of torque ant not too heavy on the juice

Welcome along mate nice cars

Markets down at the mo but id say 2500 , 3000 would buy you a nice examle but im sure others will give you a full rundown on them

Just remember to view lots and search the market well instead of falling in love with the first o e you see

Cheers guys, found the buying guide.

So what's the real world experience with a VR6 as a daily?

What is the real world consumption around town, assuming i'll be giving it the odd clout here & there :-)

What do you need to spend to get a well looked after unmolested example?

Consumption will be terrible, driving around York that is. Traffic barely seems to move round here :p They also run really quite hot, especially sat in traffic....or maybe thats just mine.

But other than that, they're good fun cars. On a run they're alright on fuel. Well they are if you don't keep booting it to hear the VR noise :p

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Judith, I'm just waiting for my E30 to go and then I'll up the search and start looking at some vehicles. I don't want to waste anybody's time looking at cars without having the dollars ready to do a deal. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks. That car is a definite contender though.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Judith, I'm just waiting for my E30 to go and then I'll up the search and start looking at some vehicles. I don't want to waste anybody's time looking at cars without having the dollars ready to do a deal. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks. That car is a definite contender though.[/QUTE]

Hi, glad to have more corrado owners in york, can show you general body,interior stuff on my 16v, don't know as much about vr6s.Love the golf.

OK the E30 went today sob sob.

So it's time to start looking properly. I'm much preferring something on the standard speedlines and sensible suspension rather than sat on it's belly on cheap coilovers.

You will love the Corrado VR! Its certainly the most exciting car I have owned! less scary than the E30 i had last year which was a 2.5, and more enjoyable compared to the MKII/MKIII GOLF GTI's.

I cant believe it took me almost ten years to finally buy one!!!