andi spencer

Engine cutting out

My corrado vr6 keeps cutting out when driving. The only indication is the oil warning light which comes on when the engine turns its self off. Checked the oil and theirs plenty on the stick. Can't see we're the problem is and what fault to fix. The engine fires up straight away once it's off. Clueless on this one. Hopefully a quick and chip fix.

Oh I've changed the ignition leads and air filter

Have you had it on vagcom? probably your best start. I think the oil light flashes anyway when the engine is off. Could be immobiliser related, could be crank sensor, could be a few things really but vagcom should tell you what the problem is!

Ahh then hello to corrado ownership and goodbye to the contents of your wallet lol. Yes, vagcom is vag diagnostics, mine is a cheap cable off ebay for a fiver or so and then I downloaded vcds-lite off ross-tech's website, it's a sort of demo version that gives you all the codes but doesn't tell you what they are... then you just google the codes and hey ho presto... problem solved! hehe

Great news the price of perfection, ok well I look into downloading the soft ware and getting a cable. Already replaced the front wing, suspension and brakes all round.