scorrado123

Decisions decisions...help!

Opinions please folks!!

So here is my dilemma. I've recently purchased a dark burgundy pearl VR6 (M reg) which is in pretty mint condition and I am very happy with!! :)

..part of the reason for this purchase was because my 16v (K reg) also in dark burgundy pearl was showing a few signs of age and I thought it would be easier for me to buy another than to sort it out.

Now I currently have both cars and the question is what to do with the 16v??

The car itself has just jit 150k but is running fine. Sailed through its MOT on saturday and is ready to roll. Sunroof works fine as does the spoiler. The main issuues are some scratches to the paintwork, a slight dent in the rear panel and an intermittent leak in the rain (must be a seal or blocked pipe). In addition the car has Jamex springs and exhaust fitted.

My options are:

a) Keep the car as a donor - but I cant help feeling its a bit too good for that! Also not sure how much

of a 16v can be used on a VR6?

b) Sell it - not sure what I would get for it?

c) Break it - I'm no breaker and would mean people coming and having to take the bits they were in

need of - not ideal.

thoughts please????

swap anything over now that you want for the VR then sell the 16v as a daily/project. look around at similar cars for a value, £500-£1500 is 16v money.

swap anything over now that you want for the VR then sell the 16v as a daily/project. look around at similar cars for a value, £500-£1500 is 16v money.

To be fair I dont think there is anything I want to swap out at the moment (although the 16v does feel a shorter shift than the VR but not sure if that is normal). Was thinking of holding on to it for things like the sunroof, lights, spoiler etc but I think you're right doesnt really make sense to keep hold of it for those alone..

If there's nothing you want to swap at the moment, then I would just break or sell. It's false economy keeping hold of loads of parts 'just in case' as you're never going to need all the parts you keep. You just end up having to store loads of parts or the whole car on the off chance they may be needed one day.

I'd sell/break the car, and use the money on improving the VR.

Sell the valver. Especially now it has a fresh MOT. No sense keeping it for parts when you can source those on here as and when you need them.

Agree with selling it.

Keeping it costs money in tax and insurance.

Breaking it takes time and effort.

If you sell it whole then someone else can enjoy it.

sell it dont destroy it, a dent and some rust issues are to be expected from a car of this age ,

amazingly completely rust free!!! look out for an ad in a classified section near you! lol

Flip side of the coin, if you broke it you'd learn new skills to help you keep the VR6 on the road, a real hands onguide as to how a car works.

Dont brake it for the sake of learning something. You can learn things just from working on the VR.

Besides you wont learn anything other than drive train and body as the engines are different.